30 day shred

Options
Hi Everyone, after reading so many positive posts about Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred I'm about to try it. For those who do it/have done it, how do you log it in as exercise? Thanks!

Replies

• tsmoore925
    tsmoore925 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello!

You will log it under "Circuit General Training"

I still like a week left to do, and I love it, already planning on doing it again! I couldnt wait to measure myself so I caved the other day and I am already down 7.5 inches, and 10 lbs!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!

You will need some hand weights tho, I use 5 lbs, some use 3 lbs! So which ever you think will work for you!

The workout is stuff, and you will break a GOOD sweat everytime, but its only 20 minutes and you will burn alot of calories so its worth it!!

Good luck to you! I hope I answered your questions! Oh and make sure you measure yourself before you start!!!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i second the log it as circuit training. i included warm up and cool down total of 27 min. I did the whole program in Dec and didn't get huge results as so many seem to. not a lb lost but 1 inch off my waist, and 2 inches off my hips and belly. I am re doing in now, just started my 3rd day on level 2. i still am challenged in level 2....
  • Rivka007
    Rivka007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your replies! I just did day 2 level 1 today. Yesterday I used 5 lb weights but it was too much, so today I used 3 lbs and I was able to keep up. I guess I'll have to work up to the 5 lbs. Whew - what a workout! I feel great, though... :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am re doing the whole 30ds again and i still am on 3 lbs weights. maybe the next time i re do the whole thing again i will up it to 5.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I purchased a heart rate monitor (Polar FT4) and I manually typed in an exercise named 'Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred' and each time I manually input the calories estimated by my HRM. 'Circuit training, general' is an okay estimate if you can't get a HRM, but I would not count the time spent warming up and cooling down - I'd recommend putting it in as 20 minutes to be on the safe side.