Busy mom with a goal

My name is Lynda Thomas, I am 54 years old, wife, mother of 3, (23 year old son with Aspergers syndrome, 17 & 14 year old daughters). I graduated from U of P in June with my bachelors degree in criminal and back in school at OCC for my paralegal certificate. I never had a problem with my weight even after having my children (1st at 30, 2nd @ 38 and last @ 40). My weight was between 140-150 and I wore a size 10 comfortably. I am now carrying around a middle that I don't recognize and thighs that must belong to someone else. One of my problems is that I have serious back issues (lumbar radiculopathy and nerve atrophy on the left), which impedes me from actively exercising. I have a treadmill and I enjoy walking however some days my body does not want to cooperate. I am determine to bring in my 55th birthday (August 31) being 40, yes 40 pounds lighter. Thanks Carlyj for introducing me to myfitnesspal.

Replies

• Congratulations on all your accomplishments (including your children in that equation :flowerforyou: ) You are definitely an inspiration to me... I also have quite a few medical conditions and deal with daily back pain as well... mine is due to a herniated disc at my L4/L5 level.. so yeah... working out is harder than before.. somebody stole some of my body parts too and replaced them with theirs... lol
  • I know the pain, I had physical therapy, it helped, shots, helped a little, chiropractor, helped a lot. I refuse to stay still because I don't want my body to freeze up, for lack of a better word. You have to be extremely careful. My prayers go out to you. One thing for sure losing weight is definitely a good thing for our backs!
  • thank you! I definitely know what you mean by freezing up... I was bedridden for about 2 weeks due to vertigo and to get back into movement... it felt like I had large grains of sand in between every disc on my back... very painful.. I also went to the UOP for my BSBA and HR certification.. I attended the campus they have in Santa Teresa NM.. I really enjoyed the group work.. I applaud you on going back