Supplements question

Options
So let me preface this: I have every intention of losing all my weight naturally. I absolutely DO NOT want to take any diet pills or supplements.

A co-worker of mine asked me to look into some supplements she had been given by a weight loss doctor. Many of the reviews seem to be from sites that sell it, so I'm struggling to find honest, legitimate reviews. So, has anyone tried either of the following supplements:

probese
hydrxytryptophan

If so, did you have success? Were there any nasty side effects? Tell me about your experiences with these drugs. I want my friend to be safe and careful.

Replies

• diamond_roses
    Options
    bump, I want to know too lol
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    lol, looks like we're the only ones that wanna know :)
  • Dahavol
    Options
    From quick checking around,

Probese seems to be mostly vitamins and Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, which appears to be used as a thickening agent in food. Can't seem to find much about side effects, but my guess is that a multi +fiber supplement would accomplish basically the same thing.

hydrxytryptophan seems to be a amino acid that has not been exetnsivly studied yet for side effects, but has shown some promise in a few conditions perhaps most applicable being depression induced binge eating.

I'm no scientist, nor have I tried either of the two, but the first seems harmless. The second seems to be a pretty extreme thing, but who knows.
  • tchrmb
    tchrmb Posts: 1
    Options
    I took probese on VLC diet (under a doctors supervision) lost 26 lbs. I take it now periodically when I go back up a few lbs. It is GREAT. There are NO stimulants, which is a plus in my book, it fills you up because its mostly fiber, but also has the chromium(something) that helps with insulin levels so you don't grave crabs and sweets. I get it from mydietsop.com its 10.50 for 30 pills plus 5 bucks shipping. On other sites it's 20.00 plus shipping