The May 2009 Challenge

Options
I will be doing a challenge for the month of May. This challenge will be super simple... You give me your starting weight for the challenge, goal weight by the end of the challenge and each friday, weigh in and let us know your progress. I will also be setting mini goals like cardio, fitness, water etc each week and if you would like to participate in those as well, so be it... Anyone want to join me? I will be starting this on May 1 so we have some time to get ready, but whose with me?!

Replies

• abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    I will be doing a challenge for the month of May. This challenge will be super simple... You give me your starting weight for the challenge, goal weight by the end of the challenge and each friday, weigh in and let us know your progress. I will also be setting mini goals like cardio, fitness, water etc each week and if you would like to participate in those as well, so be it... Anyone want to join me? I will be starting this on May 1 so we have some time to get ready, but whose with me?!
  • ohrscarlet
    Options
    I am with you I need a challenge to keep me on track. I can't wait to start. I have never done a challenge on MFP so you will have to tell me what to do.
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Im in. Could use a challenge and some motivation right now.
  • Kristine18
    Options
    I am up for the challenge, I am getting married the first weekend of June so I really need to get motivated to lose those last few stubborn pounds!! I also have not particpated in a challenge previously so let me know what you need me to do!
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    count me in
  • abagwill
    Options
    no problem... I love challenges, and as long as you utilize them to their full benefit can definately help! So what you do is, now that you have responded when you click on community, under the sub topic "my topics" you will always see the May 2009 challenge. You just click on that and let us know how things are going. I find that the more you get on and chat with others, the more motivated you become... On May 1st weigh yourself. That will be your May starting weight. Each Friday we will weigh in to see our progress. I would advise you to take your measurements as well and do that each week or on a monthly basis, whichever you prefer because sometimes you wont lose and may even gain which may cause you to become frustrated. But, if you take your measurements, you may have lost an inch or two! Anyway, I will also be posting mini challenges, for example, cardio, strength, walking, water consumption, etc to keep the motivation. That is it, you just log in, let us know how you are doing, and work really hard... In one month you will see your progress, and may even get re-energized!! Good Luck! We can all start chatting now and then start the may challenge on May 1st... I will be checking in often!
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Count me in, too!
  • sexysadie
    Options
    Me too - I'm going on vacation in May for a couple weeks so I'll need the help staying motivated!

177367.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Me too - I'm going on vacation in May for a couple weeks so I'll need the help staying motivated!

177367.png

Im in i would love to set a goal for may!!!!
  • sallydeb
    sallydeb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will join you too! I just found this website.

194640.png
  • abagwill
    Options
    wow so many people! great job making the committment! Just keep that in mind! This is a committment to yourself and, I think of us as a team... so make sure you are committed to reaching your goals!

Sally: Welcome! This site is so wonderful! I use the blog at least once a week and it really helps me achieve my goals... even if one of my goals is cleaning the house! haha

I am excited about this challenge, I know we will achieve our goals... which by the way, we each need to set realistic goals... So, the average amount of weight researchers predict a person can reasonably lose is 2 lbs per week, so my goal is going to be 8 lbs for the month of May... What about you all?
  • abagwill
    Options
    Also, remember that to lose weight you have to burn more calories in one day than you consume. The average person burns 2000 calories per day without even thinking about it. One lb of fat weighs 3500 calories. So... you would need to burn 7000 calories to lose two lbs! It really isn't all that hard... just stay in your target calories, designed for you, work out at least 30 minutes every day in which you get your heart rate up and you are bound to see results!

Good luck everyone!
  • Kristine18
    Options
    My Goal for the month of May is going to be to lose 8.5 Pounds. This way I will hit my Goal Weight for my Wedding... Fingers Crossed!! I really do think a challenge such as this will help with the motivation factor though!!
    Thanks for comming up with it! Looking forward to getting started in May!

142002.png
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need to challenge myself.
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site too last week, and I'm intrigued at this. I think I'll participate as well. :-)
  • krichardson50325
    Options
    I am new to the site as of last Monday. The first week was good and week two is starting strong. I will wait until the end of week two to set my May goal but I imagine it being 3 pounds per week. I have a lot to lose so the first tens of pounds will come off easier. Hopefully this challenge will keep me interested in the diet as I have burned out after a month of a lot of diets. This one just feels different and right.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! :smile: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :tongue: :wink: :bigsmile:
  • abagwill
    Options
    challenges are so awesome! The more you are involved the better you feel about yourself and getting through those urges to eat "just one"! I lost 25 lbs before my baby participating in challenges (on another weight loss thread). Trust me, the more time you devote, the more focused you are, the better your results will be. Once you get into the swing of things, the better and easier things become!
  • MissLissa
    MissLissa Posts: 43
    Options
    Count me in!

When do you want our info and such amannisto?
  • abagwill
    Options
    I want your starting weight on May 1

You can post your goals and goal weight now if you like, or just wait for the first... I just want May stats for this challenge because that will allow us to really look at our stats!:happy: