P90X -- What do you put in???

2»

Replies

• Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Get a heart rate monitor FOR SURE. That's really the only way to tell what you are burning. I'm doing the hybrid right now too so I'll give you my numbers for the last week. I'm currently 203 pounds, 5'4". I did a round about a year ago and lost 40 pounds, then gained about 15 back while still doing a lot of cardio and surprisingly I'm on week 2 and can already see my muscles growing again! My body respond to muscle growth really well, I'm already down 4 pounds (technically on day 10 right now) and can see changes in photos!

Day 1 - Chest & Back (no ARX, ran out of time) = 490 calories
    Day 2 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit = 687 calories
    Day 3 - Arms & Shoulders and ARX = 680 calories
    Day 4 - did't log Yoga
    Day 5 - Legs & Back and ARX = 663
    Day 6 - Cardio Power and Resistance = 548

I log them all as cardio so that I can easily plug in the name of the workout and the calorie number my HRM shows.

My husband routinely hits 800+ during our workouts but he's in REALLY amazing shape and can do far more weight/reps than I can.

Hope that helps! :)
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    I had the same questions. I eventually purchased the Polar FT40 HRM as it reportedly does a more accurate job measuring caloric burn.

Still, I've not hit 600 calories on any of the workouts (and I thought I "brought it") :happy:

I have a great link from a MFP blogger about HRM and their accuracy. PM if you are interested.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,210 Member
    Thanks everyone - I'm not the OP so hope she doesn't mind my posting. lol

Really good insight and variation of cals burned. I personally don't eat all (or sometimes any) of my cals back if in any doubt but it's good to see how everyone tracks it. Def have a HRM on my shopping list - Will remember the gender requirement when shopping for one too as thats a great point.