Tea ideas..pretty please :)

Options
Carita79
Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
Hey everyone..I am trying to switch out some of my coffee calories with other warm beverages.
I have always liked the idea of herbal tea but never gotten into it..
So does anyone have favorite brands blends..or other tea ideas for me?
Iced?..hot..in food recipes..anything would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• amy0716
    amy0716 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love Teavana. I have one of these and they work great:
    http://www.teavana.com/tea-products/tea-makers-infusers/p/teavana-perfect-teamaker
    Enjoying this kind most recently w/ rock sugar as a sweetner.
    http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/oolong-teas/p/slimful-chocolate-decadence-oolong-tea
  • pb6012002
    Options
    I have become obessed with Cestial Brand apple cinnamon spice. I am not a tea drinker at all, just when I am sick. And so far I have it every day with breakfast! I add two teaspoons of sugar for 30 calories.
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    Good Earth Sweet and Spicy!! This stuff rocks! You do not even need to sweeten it. It is naturally sweet! I am drinking it now! YUMMERS
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I get tea from a website called The Republic of Tea. You can request a free catalog, which they'll send you monthly, along with a tea sample. They have superfruit tea, immuniteas, seasonal flavors, all kinds of fun, creative blends so you don't get bored with it.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    This site has some of the yummiest tea out there: http://www.republicoftea.com/ The caramel apple taste like caramel apple!!

When I started drinking tea I though it was disgusting, so I would add a little bit of Splenda and low cal creamer, eventually I got to where I am now, which is that I drink herbal, green, white or red tea plain. I still can not stand black tea no matter what is in it.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I hate sweetened tea... but I love a tea that just naturally has a sweet flavour! My favourite on the whole planet is Nut Crunch Rooibos by Let's Do Tea. You have to order it online, but I'm telling you, it is worth it. It has a hazelnutty flavour. It is loose-leaf so you need some bags-- which I much prefer to my tea ball. The bags are like $5 for 100 at Teavana, so not a big deal. Nut Crunch Rooibos made me a tea lover! (They have other delicious flavours, too.)
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Yogi tea, you can find it a lot in Kroger or health food stores. I can't even describe how yummy they all are!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Stash Brand
    - licorice spice
    - chocolate (YES!) hazelnut
    - Chai black tea (this one is a traditional tea, rather than herbal)

Celestial Seasonings
    - Sleepytime
    - Tension Tamer
    - Echinacea Complete Care (for when you're feeling run down)
    - Cinnamon Apple Spice
    - Honey Lemon Ginseng (green tea)

I haven't experimented much with Tazo brand but the couple I have tried (one was a 'wild orange' one) have been good.
  • TiltingAtWindmills
    Options
    I love Republic of Tea. They have so many unique options. Their superfruit teas pack some great flavor. I love those when I want something a little different from my standby.
    http://www.republicoftea.com/superfruit-green-tea-tea-sampler-cube/p/V01018/
    Definitely get their free catalog (which comes with a free sample each month).
    I also like Bigelow's "I Love Lemon" tea (with a touch of honey when I have a sore throat). Yum.
  • kjeldredge
    Options
    I drink mint green tea after lunch every day and it helps me not snack the afternoon away. I also love Republic of Tea, as many other posters said. They have so many varieties, even chocolate teas for dessert instead of a calorie-laden late night snack. They're all so satisfying!
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love tea...my three favorites are Twinings Earl Gray (not herbal, but it's got a smooth flower-y flavor), Twinings English Breakfast (also not herbal--it's a very rich black tea, that is great if you're trying to make the switch from coffee), and Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer, which is an herbal blend that's got a little chamomile/honey/mint flavor to it. I'm really not a fan of most fruit teas, and a lot of herbals tend to be blended with fruit, at least for what we can get locally, here.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Yogi tea, you can find it a lot in Kroger or health food stores. I can't even describe how yummy they all are!

Yogi tea is also yummy, I found it at Wal-Mart and Hy-Vee for about $4 a box.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    OMG, I drink so much Iced Tea. I add Torani's to it. They are sugar free syrups and I use Mango, Peach, Raspberry, Blackberry..they have so many different flavors, it never gets old. It is so amazing. :happy:
  • N6mqq
    N6mqq Posts: 5
    Options
    Let me preface this by saying, I do not do artificial sweeteners.

That said, what I do is brew 1/2 gal of Lipton's Iced Tea in hot water, add one Peach & Ginger regular teabag, add one cinnamon stick and 1/4C sugar, or just a few tablespoons of Agave syrup. You can also add a few rounds of ginger, BUT make sure you take the ginger out after an hour or so, otherwise it gets way too flowery to drink. Total calories for an 8 oz serving is 22. Not sugar free, but pretty darn close.

Let's just say, that it's so good that my daughter is drinking it instead of soda.
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My absolute newest fave is Good Earth.. I am obsessed with tea.. have been for years, but found this a few months ago .. the original flavor .. I think it says sweet and spicy on it... tastes so good and sweet without adding any sweeteners at all... mmmmm .. a must try.. and I have found at most grocery stores and wal-mart.. oh and I usually make it iced.. but it's good hot too..
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    If you like black tea at all, try Twinnings Lady Grey. It's like Earl Grey, but with a little more citrus. It's my favorite.
  • lisanxd
    Options
    Teavana youthberry & wild orange blossom is AMAZING. It's a blend of 2 of their teas.. the youthberry is a white tea (hardly any caffeine) and the wild orange blossom is an herbal tea. I used truvia to sweeten a little.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I love earl grey with almond or coconut milk and a little bit of added sugar if you like. It is thicker like coffee and very good.
  • roadworthy
    Options
    I love just about any black tea. Tazo is my favourite brand for chai. Lately I heat to boiling half a cup skim milk the other half water and throw my tea bag in to steep. It's like a lighter version of a tea latte. I dont always add sweetener because I find the milk does that but when I do I use a quarter teaspoon honey.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I have become obessed with Cestial Brand apple cinnamon spice. I am not a tea drinker at all, just when I am sick. And so far I have it every day with breakfast! I add two teaspoons of sugar for 30 calories.

Me too! I just brewed a pot of hot water to make a cup, or 8. Love the Apple Cinnamon Spice- delicious! :drinker: