What real women look like.

Options
It's really hard sometimes to see ourselves for who we really are (and how we look like too). I think we often have a worse impression of ourselves than what others may think.

I found this website http://www.mybodygallery.com

It is basically a website where women post pics of themselves but the main thing is you can filter photos of women by
Height:
Weight:
Pant size:
Shirt size

and see how someone in your own size would look like which might give you an idea of what you may also look like.

The site's goal is to help more women see themselves more clearly.

I don't work for these people or have any association with them but i find it a really interesting idea and helpful for those of us who suffer from self image issues.

Thought i'd share. Let me know what you think.

Replies

• 987Runner
    Options
    Hmm, interesting. Thanks for sharing!
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting. i might have to check it out.
  • christy0623
    christy0623 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Checked it out! Awesome site! Thanks for sharing :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, that site just totally made me feel like I'm delusional--but not in the "I look so much better than I think I do way" more like in the "Oh God, THAT'S what I really look like??" way. Bummer.
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, that site just totally made me feel like I'm delusional--but not in the "I look so much better than I think I do way" more like in the "Oh God, THAT'S what I really look like??" way. Bummer.

Same here! It was a nice reality check and affirmation that I ABSOLUTELY need to keep losing :frown:
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Ugh me too! :(
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options

nooo don't think like that. i went to that site a while back and so many of the women looked larger or even smaller than i look. everyone carries their weight sooo differently. some people have more muscle mass. don't let it make you feel less great about yourselves!
  • Odoetamo
    Options
    Wow. Thank you for sharing. It helps me realise how much progress I've made.
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    this website is so cool ! it's always better to get an idea of what you really look like by seeing someone else similar to you rather than looking in the mirror and imagining things to look way worse! thanks!
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone to the site yet but don't let it get you down because everybody holds their weight differently. I have people telling me all the time I don't look like what I weigh, it's all about how you carry yourself!!!!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it said there were no pictures that met my criteria? WTH? LOL:noway:
  • peaceinside
    Options
    Like this, thanks!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Lol not gonna lie, when I saw the title I thought it was going to be another one of those stupid posts claiming that larger (fat or curvy) women are "real" and skinny women are not.

Kind of an interesting site.
  • gvaliot
    Options
    It was cool to see examples of what my goal weight really looks like! :)
  • PoochPottery
    Options

nooo don't think like that. i went to that site a while back and so many of the women looked larger or even smaller than i look. everyone carries their weight sooo differently. some people have more muscle mass. don't let it make you feel less great about yourselves!

I agree!! It is the media that is delusional!! All the airbrushing and photoshopped images that we are bombarded with on a daily basis!!! This shows us that we are REAL people! I love it!

This site actually made me realize that my goal of 125 is TOO thin! No wonder I am not loosing any more weight!

Thank you!~
  • shcarter67
    Options

I understand feeling this way, but really just because you may be the same weight, height, etc. as someone else, we all carry it differently, so you may not necessarily look like that particular person.
  • dberry01
    dberry01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It was interesting for sure!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I love it! There are some very different bodies, that's for sure, but there are some similar to me, and it was kind of nice to see that they were the same size as me so I wasn't completely delusional about how I look.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I liked the reality check, and I also liked seeing what my goal weight might look like on me. Fun.
  • sandradaisy
    Options
    I thought it was interesting that the women the same height and weight looked great and others not so great, I really guess it depends on body shape and where the weight lays.