overeating athlete -- welcome to my oxymoron

Options
Hi there -- I'm Fifi. I'm sedentary in my day job, but I play roller derby, so I practice for several hours at least 3 days a week. And all my life, I've been an overeater. I simply can't stand to leave food on my plate & sometimes get seconds. I rationalize it 'cause I play a really physical sport & have hypoglycemia, so I fear drops in my blood sugar due to hunger. So I've managed to gain between 15 & 20 pounds since I started playing 3 years ago. And while I know that a lot of it is muscle, plenty isn't.

I have great willpower when it comes to many things -- I can give something up for a month & be perfectly fine. But I love nice dinners with my husband, where we share a bottle of wine, & I like to snack on crappy stuff (tortilla chips & homemade bean & cheese dip) instead of veggies like I know I should. Oh, also? I have bad acid reflux, so I should be following a strict diet to control it. Unfortunately, that rules out salsa & avocado -- 2 of my favorite things in the world -- not to mention wine. I also have unstoppable fattening cravings every month....

I could really use encouragement to stick with my goals -- to eat more fruits & veggies & drop about 10 lbs max. And if anyone has tips for leaving food on your plate, that'd help immensely!