Ice-bath after exercise.

Options
So I have my leg up to my knee submerged in ice and cold water after a hard run today... my toes are killing me... and my heal... it is really, really, REALLY cold!:sick:

care to share your ice-after-exercise-experiences with me to help the next 20 minutes go by...

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    So I have my leg up to my knee submerged in ice and cold water after a hard run today... my toes are killing me... and my heal... it is really, really, REALLY cold!:sick:

care to share your ice-after-exercise-experiences with me to help the next 20 minutes go by...
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be in an ice bath for 20 minutes. That's WAAAAY too long. Max for an Ice Bath is usually around 10 minutes because it's such an intense cold.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I could EVER do an ice bath!! :noway:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    15-min in, 15-min out, alternating legs means that something is always 'in' for an hour (don't worry, doing this on the orders of the powers-that-be). :sick:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    15-min in, 15-min out, alternating legs means that something is always 'in' for an hour (don't worry, doing this on the orders of the powers-that-be). :sick:

doesnt sound right at all
    but what do I know

I question every thing
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Shes about right in her timing http://www.rrca.org/resources/articles/ice.html
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

That article talks about ice in general. If you are using an ice bag or an ice pack you can go up to 20-30 minutes with the ice on your body.

If you are doing an ice massge the timing should be 5-7 min no longer than 10

An Ice Bath should be about 10 mintues with the MAX being 15.

Trust me...I spent an ENTIRE THRILLING semester on just ice, heat, and electrical modalities in school.