How to season bland chicken strips?

I buy pre-cooked frozen chicken strips to eat on my salad for lunch... but the chicken is so bland! What does everyone put on it to give it a little taste?

I was thinking of picking up some Mrs. Dash or something? Does someone have a specific seasoning/ blend that I can get?

Thank yooo!

Replies

• seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    I put hot sauce on everything.

Everything.

No, really, everything. Sri racha, Valentina Extra Hot, Frank's Red Hot... all have permanent spots in my home.

Pre-blended seasonings like that would work. But you might get tired of everything tasting like Mrs. Dash after a bit. I like Old Bay too, but it can be a bit of a sodium bomb. A squeeze from a lemon, lime, or orange always helps.

Or there's what we call Oklahoma Ketchup: ranch dressing. Lite, of course.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    I use Mrs Dash alot and have a keep several flavors on hand.
    I buy the large 4-5 lb bag of unbreaded chicken tenders. Put them all on a baking sheet season them with as many different seasonings as possible. Cool, then freeze them on that same sheet. When they are frozen. I put them in a freezer bag. Pop them back in the freezer
    I have ready to eat chicken on hand all the time. They thaw in a few minutes.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    One word - Cholula!
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    One word - Cholula!

I personally like Valentina better. Similar consistency and flavor profiles though.
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    I'd throw some smoked paprika, Himalayan salt, fresh pepper, and some garlic powder, but that's just me. You can do it however you want, if you throw them in the oven wait 5 minutes, take them out, sprinkle goodies on them while they're a little moist from just going in and voila!
  • Magic Seasoning Blends Poultry Magic cure the blandness for me.
  • I love extra spicy Mrs. Dash. I even put it on popcorn to avoid salt.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Salsa! Which is also yummy on a salad!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    i like the mccormicks grill mate packs.. use a lil water olive oil and vinegar and marinate them and throw em on the grill moist and delcious everytime!
  • I like using "Cajun Spice", but really anything with a kick to it keeps me happy, if you don't like spicy maybe a little pepper and lemon juice, or you can stir fry it in a pan with veggies (sweet peppers, onions etc) then it'll pick up all those flavours.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    I buy pre-cooked frozen chicken strips to eat on my salad for lunch... but the chicken is so bland! What does everyone put on it to give it a little taste?

I was thinking of picking up some Mrs. Dash or something? Does someone have a specific seasoning/ blend that I can get?
    2.5 tsp sea salt
    2 tsp white pepper
    2 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp each: onion powder, chili powder
    3/4 tsp sage
    1/2 tsp each: coriander, ginger
    1/8 tsp each: allspice, chinese 5 spice, mustard powder, nutmeg, marjoram, thyme, corn meal, garlic powder

Mix together, put into a shaker, and shake some onto chicken while cooking.
    Thank yooo!
    Thank me later, after you try it!
  • cmgehrke
    cmgehrke Posts: 20 Member
    Old Bay, or a salt-free seasoning blend
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Try out different seasonings until you find one you like?
    Swartz has a huuuuuge range.
    I season mine with garlic & pepper, also, occasionally light french dressing.
  • Oh, great ideas! I actually have some Old Bay on hand, but usually save it for fish. Never occured to me to try it on chicken! Thanks!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    I LOVE chicken seasoned with salt pepper and thyme. It's the base for one of my favorite chicken recipes.

I also use Italian dressing as a marinade. Yummy!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    piri piri or
    harissa or
    italian seasonings

olive oil..and grill
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Mrs Dash FTW!!! 0 sodium.
  • Tinman42
    Tinman42 Posts: 59 Member
    Garlic Garlic seasoning blend from Tastefully Simple. Yum!
  • my favorite is weber grill creations sweet'n tangy bbg seasoning....great on any meat or seafood :smile:
  • Hot suce or garlic are my favorites, .......but you can also marinade them overnight in a healthy salad dressing or make your own with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette