Fajitas?

Options
I'm going out to dinner tonight and am getting fajitas.
The restaurant we are going too doesn't have nutritional information.
Would anyone mind checking my diary and seeing if they think I tracked it correctly? It seems low.
I plan to have three fajitas with chicken, steak with cheese and sour cream and lettuce.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Technically you tracked it correctly, however you didn't take into account the oil/fat the meat will be cooked with. It is hard to be precise when eating out since you don't really know what is going in the food. To play it safe, instead of logging each item, I would take the nutritional info from some chain restaurant that has fajitas on the menu. For example, go to Chili's nutrition since they sell fajitas and use their calorie count as a basis for your meal. It will be significantly higher than yours, but (sadly) more accurate.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You can also ask that the meat not be cooked in the oils/fat and that will help save calories & make it healthier. I think the person above me has good recommendation as well. I recently went to a local mexican restaurant and had the same question. Someone suggested the same thing so thats what I did.
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have fajitas somewhere I just use chilie's nutrition info for them...