Another New Comer

Options
Hi everyone! I just got started on this site yesterday and it looks pretty good. I'm excited about finally getting rid of this 'extra person' (85 pounds) I've been caring around my body for the last 6 years. I'm in competion with my husband to see who can reach their goals the quickest. Not to mention a little challenge with my 16 and 19 year old daughters to be in a smaller size than both of them by the end of the year. :smile: I fugured if I put some competion into my goals it would help with the daily motivation.

1 pd down and 84 to got. Whooohoooo.

Blessing to all of you.

Replies

• TexasMom
    TexasMom Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just got started on this site yesterday and it looks pretty good. I'm excited about finally getting rid of this 'extra person' (85 pounds) I've been caring around my body for the last 6 years. I'm in competion with my husband to see who can reach their goals the quickest. Not to mention a little challenge with my 16 and 19 year old daughters to be in a smaller size than both of them by the end of the year. :smile: I fugured if I put some competion into my goals it would help with the daily motivation.

1 pd down and 84 to got. Whooohoooo.

Blessing to all of you.
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

A little competition can be great motivation. I know it is for me.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Since guys tend to lose faster, be warned that your husband MIGHT just beat you, no matter how hard you try! :laugh:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Welcome and the advice that BrenNew gave is the best way to keep track of you food in take and don't forget to use the exercise data base as well. Both have really helped me I started in feb and have already lost 19 lbs. I also that the time to read the blogs that members post on a daily basis. Well welcome aboard :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: and best of luck with your family challenge

Kelly:heart:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome TexasMom! Good luck on your challenges - sounds like it may get interesting around your house :laugh: I'm rootin' for you! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: