Insanity or 30DS and Ripped in 30?

Options
Which should I do?
I lost more then my pregnancy weight. I'm down to 136 and I'm a size 5/size medium. My problem is that i need to tone up. I have a soft, flabby tummy still.
I tried starting insanity before and failed. I work at home and watch my kids so time is an issue but I think I can fit it in. I also have P90X but I'm not ready for that LOL.

Which would be best for toning up and getting rid of flabbiness?

Replies

• BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30DS, loved the results in my arms, back, and shoulders. Didn't lose any off my tummy area, but there is a faint definition of secret abs there!! lmao- if I lost a pound or two in the tummy, you'd definitely be able to see them. Started ripped in 30 but I found Jillian extremelly annoying in that DVD (lol) so I haven't finished. And right now I'm doing insanity and LOVING IT- it's such a great challenge!!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Insanity is supposed to be harder than P90X so if you're not ready for that discount insanity would be my reckoning.

I've really enjoyed 30 Day Shred but haven't done Ripped in 30 so can't tell you about that.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    really? insanity is hader than P90x? hmmm, maybe I should look more into it then. It just takes up a lot more time than I dont think I have right now
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30DS, loved the results in my arms, back, and shoulders. Didn't lose any off my tummy area, but there is a faint definition of secret abs there!! lmao- if I lost a pound or two in the tummy, you'd definitely be able to see them. Started ripped in 30 but I found Jillian extremelly annoying in that DVD (lol) so I haven't finished. And right now I'm doing insanity and LOVING IT- it's such a great challenge!!

do you find Insanity helping more with the tummy area than 30ds? thats my problem area after 2 c-sections.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

do you find Insanity helping more with the tummy area than 30ds? thats my problem area after 2 c-sections.
    [/quote]

I'm not far enough into it to be sure yet- but I can try to keep you posted!! It is a super intense workout though.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    INSANITY ALL THE WAY
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is definitely great for toning...I'm still on it (started level 3 today) and I already see and feel more toned.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Insanity works your core like crazy!! My abs look amazing after over a year of doing Insanity. And yes, , it is harder than p90x!! I vote Insanity all the way! My arms and back look great too,
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've only done Insanity, starting my final week on Monday. It's awesome for core and burns a lot of calories. I don't think you can really compare Insanity with P90X cause they're just different workouts. It is, by far, the hardest workout I've ever done. I don't think you can go wrong with it if you keep it up and do it for the entire 9 weeks. Insanity can improve any body, IMO
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have done both P90X, P90X2 and Insanity. Currently doing double of Insanity and P90X2. If you are looking for core working than Insanity is your way to go, if you want all over tone than P90X. You can't come close to comparing the two they are totally different! Let us know what you go with! Feel free to add me or send a message over if you have any other questions on the programs.
  • debtfre12
    Options
    My vote is JM's 30-day Shred!!! You won't be sorry you did either. Lol!!!:bigsmile:
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X and I think for all over toning it works very well. I have not done Insanity so I can't compare but I like the X.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have not done Insanity or P90X so I can't comment on those, however I've done 30 Day Shred and I'm on level 2 of Ripped in 30. 30 Day Shred is a good start if you're a complete beginner. If you're really out of shape in general, it'll help you build up some strength and endurance. During the month that I did it, I lost 2" off my butt and 2" off my mom-belly, but I was super out of shape when I started, someone who's in better shape when they start may or may not get such dramatic results. If you're already kind of in shape, you might not find it challenging enough. Ripped in 30 is harder and has more challenging ab exercises IMO. I thought it would be really similar to 30 Day Shred but it's definitely tougher on me. If you decide to go with one of those (or start with one and then do the other, as a lot of people like to do) make sure you're challenging yourself with the weights. If you have to start with really small ones, fine, but as soon as you are able to go ahead and pick up something bigger. You will get the best results with *any* program by continuing to challenge yourself. :-)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have done 30ds 1 full time around so far and i am on my 2nd round now. 3 days into level 2.... how long is p90x. i was thinking of getting ripped in 30 next as i don't want tojump too far ahead of myself and i do have a limited time for exercise...
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I love 30DS and Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack! They are an incredible workout. I have done Insanity, but I really have to psych myself up to do it, so I do a Jillian DVD instead usually.

Good luck! It's only 25 minutes and your kids will probably do it along with you just like mine do.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have not done Insanity or P90X so I can't comment on those, however I've done 30 Day Shred and I'm on level 2 of Ripped in 30. 30 Day Shred is a good start if you're a complete beginner. If you're really out of shape in general, it'll help you build up some strength and endurance. During the month that I did it, I lost 2" off my butt and 2" off my mom-belly, but I was super out of shape when I started, someone who's in better shape when they start may or may not get such dramatic results. If you're already kind of in shape, you might not find it challenging enough. Ripped in 30 is harder and has more challenging ab exercises IMO. I thought it would be really similar to 30 Day Shred but it's definitely tougher on me. If you decide to go with one of those (or start with one and then do the other, as a lot of people like to do) make sure you're challenging yourself with the weights. If you have to start with really small ones, fine, but as soon as you are able to go ahead and pick up something bigger. You will get the best results with *any* program by continuing to challenge yourself. :-)

I am in my 2nd round of P90X and I have done plenty of Insanity workouts... I have also done some JM workouts, IMO you need to take on Insanity... it is just that INSANE and you will end up with INSANE results... my plan is to take on insanity for 60 days after I finish this round of P90X!

Good luck with your journey!
    J
  • boobookittiefuk
    Options
    I'd go with insanity! It really is insane. If you can do that, you can pretty much do any other work out. I moved onto P90X and find it easy compared to Insanity. I actually added some gym/cardio work outs because I feel like I'm not getting enough with P90X. Good luck!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have tried all three and had the best results from insanity. After doing insanity I have hard time listening to Jillian now without her annoyIng me.