When did you begin to notice your body changing

Was it 4 weeks, 8 weeks? Sooner or later?

I read on a post that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 for the rest of the world!

Replies

• vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    I would say I started noticing a difference in my body/clothes around 4 weeks in :)
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    I'm into my second month and just now noticing changes. I added daily exercise and have been eating healthy instead of "dieting" or depriving myself. I'm excited to see what happens in another month!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    4-6 weeks in... I feel a difference in my clothing already and people are saying that I am looking slender.

My fiance noticed my butt the other day...his exact words were "whatever you've been doing keep it up..." hahahaha
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    I noticed changes within about three weeks/five pounds. I've been working out for a long time, but only really using MFP for food logging about five weeks. Today, a coworker noticed my weight loss, which was awesome!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 567 Member
    Im in 4 weeks and am noticing slight changes. :) Can't wait for the next few months!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Just this week (been losing weight for almost a year) when I tried on some clothes I hadn't worn in a while & it was like sitting in a tent.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    I gotta go by pounds on this one. I started noticing around 15 pounds when i went done a pants size. My close friends/family started noticing around the same time and maybe even 20 pounds. Everyone at work was stopping me 5 or 6 people a day around the 30 pounds. Now i am at 42 and pretty much everyone's noticed.
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    I noticed after 5 lbs. It's been almost 50 days and now other people are noticing...I've lost 10 lbs. so far and weigh in tomorrow.
  • I noticed changes and had differences in how my clothes fit within 4-6 weeks. Only ten pounds though so coworkers and friends have not been noticing so far.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    2 weeks...but really noticed in 4 weeks
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Im about 2 weeks in and my husband says he can see a difference in my thighs, I think he is just being cupportive though! Im not really seeing any difference yet, but I am feeling a lot less bloated and less tired. I cant wait until I can really start to see a difference in the way my clothes fit!
  • I started noticing it about 3 weeks in when I put on a pair of jeans that were skin tight before. They were SNUG but they weren't so tight I couldn't wear them. Even if it was a lot of water weight I was losing at that point it was just the incentive I needed to keep going!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    I noticed probably around 5 weeks in, my sister noticed too. I hadn't seen her in a couple months and she came by for a stay and asked me if I'd lost weight. It's a joke with my sisters and I, that the 5 of us take turns being the skinny one. Lately its been because of pregnancy but its true. All 5 of us have never been fit/healthy/slim at the same time, lol.
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    I didn't notice a real big change until about 12 weeks in. That's around the time everyone around me really noticed and that's when everyone noticed my weight loss. Now, almost 16 weeks in, I'm 4 lbs away from my goal and I don't go a day without people complimenting me. The full change has arrived!
  • I've been on MFP consistantly since Oct 2011, started working out regularly since 1/28/12 with Les Mills Pump DVDs, I got my first NSV from a co-worker last week. I was able to buy a size 10 jeans at Old Navy last week, could've bought an 8, but they felt alittle tight.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 610 Member
    This may depress you but I didn't notice until I did the 30DS last November (I started this journey in June of last year). Before that I knew I was losing because the scale said so and I needed clothes since my old ones were falling off but I couldn't see it when I looked in the mirror.
    The Shred helped give me some definition and toning that allowed me to actually see the difference in my body. Might be why I'm such a huge JM fan.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    It was about fifteen minutes after that gamma radiation accident...
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    I know my body was changing because I was having to get smaller clothes, but I still after a year and a half and 121 lbs, look in the mirror and don't see the change. My husband and everyone else does. I totally understand what people with anorexia are thinking when then say they are fat. My support group leader said it can take up to 3 years for your brain to adjust either way to weight loss or gain. That's why we can gain weight with out "seeing" it.
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    2 weeks after starting Body Pump classes, 3/week. It's a basically a strength/weights mixed in with cardio class. Of course, with healthy eating.
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 251 Member
    I started noticing about 6 weeks into it. My co-workers noticed after about 3 months when I hit 12 lbs. I am excited about what everyone will say when I get to 20 lbs and more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!