Question for women- just curious!

Options
carriem73
carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
I have very large breasts- I have always wondered if this affects my BMI- since technically, most breat tissue is just fat, correct? I currently weigh 159- in high school I was 140, with 32DD's... still a DD today- just a bigger band size, so they do not get bigger/smaller as I add or lose weight- so, two questions, I guess...

1. does breast size affect BMI?
2. Do you factor in your breast size when thinking about your weight loss goal?

Replies

• RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36G, so I have a lot of weight on my chest... I'm interested to see if this affects my weight.
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30G. If you are looking at just plugging in the numbers into a random BMI calculator, they aren't going to alter it by much. You're probably looking as 2-3 lbs per breast. If you are actually looking for your percentage of body fat, it won't impact that either since they don't pinch that area during measurements.

I'm like you, over the course of my weight loss, these puppies have stayed pretty much the same size. I didn't bother to consider them during weightloss, the amount the impacted it just wasn't significant enough.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I guess I am wondering, the "charts" tell me I should weigh 138... which is ridiculous- but I'm thinking, at 150 I will look awesome for me- do I subtract 6lbs for boobs and consider myself 144??? :bigsmile: These are things that I think about when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep!!!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I know I had a reduction from a 36F to a 36C way back when, and it was 6 pounds that was removed to put me at a C.

I don't know that it would do much to exclude it. I always have been pretty much the same size and was convinced that losing weight didn't make a difference. But just in the last few months I've changed bra sizes pretty significantly, so there must (for me) be some magical point where the weight comes off the boobs....