Stomach Fat!!!

Options
Hello all I have been doing really great eating clean and working out like mad but I want to start helping my tummy TONE and get rid of the stomach fat in particular everything else is fine I love my body but just the Tummy has got to go. Any Suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Jamie<3

Replies

• Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello all I have been doing really great eating clean and working out like mad but I want to start helping my tummy TONE and get rid of the stomach fat in particular everything else is fine I love my body but just the Tummy has got to go. Any Suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Jamie<3
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    only one thing will get rid of tummy fat

massive amounts of cardio

the tummy is a favorite last stand place for body fat

burn it off with cardio and cut down on white crap

no bread
    no pasta
    no sugar
    no chips

its work so work
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Do you eat any type of bread products?? I eat thomas lite mult muffin and arnolds thins.
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Options
    I haven't eaten white anything in a few month's since december and I only eat VERY limited amount's of Whole wheat and Whole Grain product's I am continuously losing weight I have lost 20 so far and my tummy is what I want to get rid of. Thank you for your suggestions I will try harder.

P.S I track EVERY single bite I take so I really do keep an eye on the good and the bad.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I just read a great article about this today in OnFitness magazine (it's a Physical Trainer's magazine), they were citing all kinds of great studies on how High Intensity Interval Training is THE best way to get rid of body fat, even better then straight cardio (which is also good).
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I haven't eaten white anything in a few month's since december and I only eat VERY limited amount's of Whole wheat and Whole Grain product's I am continuously losing weight I have lost 20 so far and my tummy is what I want to get rid of. Thank you for your suggestions I will try harder.

P.S I track EVERY single bite I take so I really do keep an eye on the good and the bad.

yep....I know...tummy fat is the hardest to get rid of...just gotta keep burnin it off,,,,takes time
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I just read a great article about this today in OnFitness magazine (it's a Physical Trainer's magazine), they were citing all kinds of great studies on how High Intensity Interval Training is THE best way to get rid of body fat, even better then straight cardio (which is also good).

Interval training - is that the same as circuit training?

Also, jamie - how much stress is there in your life? Women tend to hang on to or create belly fat when we are under a lot of stress.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I've been upping the exercise level this week and feel great and proud of myself. i remember you saying, you have to get out of your comfort level, because that's what i was doing. :drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Also, jamie - how much stress is there in your life? Women tend to hang on to or create belly fat when we are under a lot of stress.

do we really have to complicate everything?

come on...you can create stress just by talkin about it
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Options
    : ) Nope I am a happy girl!!! : ) always am now I want to be pritty on the outside just like I am on the inside happy and healthy : ) thanks
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Dave you are just too funny! To this I laugh and lose the stress and enjoy life.:flowerforyou: :drinker: :love: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kelly:heart:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    : ) Nope I am a happy girl!!! : ) always am now I want to be pritty on the outside just like I am on the inside happy and healthy : ) thanks

good for you!!!:drinker:

extended intense dancing is also great cardio
  • stillkristi
    Options

Ah, Dave, my favorite nay sayer. Here is a link to an article I was thinking of when I mentioned stress.
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0846/is_12_23/ai_n6125800/

I include one quote to demonstrate that perhaps it isn't just a "complication" to take a look at the whole person in her/his environement:

"Unfortunately, recent research shows that you can crunch until you crumble and diet till you're drained of energy, but if your days are full of stress, the perfect six-pack--or even a flatter midsection--will continue to elude you."

There you are. :tongue:
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    i am the same way! i am fit and relatively thin but have this bulging belly that totally does not match my body! its awful, i hate it, but its me. i just gotta work with it, ya know? we can do this girl- its just gonna suck! haha woooooo cardio!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    The article I just mentioned (see link above) also recommends the following:

"True anti-stress foods

Eating so-called "comfort foods" (carbohydrate-rich fare such as cookies, bread and pasta) may help you feel calmer in the short term, but proceed with caution (and see "Beware of 'Comfort Carbs'" on page 199). Over time, the price you'll pay for trying to reduce your stress with low-fiber, high-carb (and high-calorie!) foods is more abdominal fat.

In her most recent study, Epel found that men and women who overate in response to stress had higher levels of both insulin and cortisol, elevating their risk for more-serious diseases, including diabetes.

The nutrients that show the most promise for long-term stress relief are the Mediterranean Diet's keystone: the omega-3 fatty acids. As odd as it may sound, getting more of these "good" fats has been associated with a reduction in body fat, including abdominal fat. Several recent studies show that eating omega-3 fats can reduce output of another stress hormone, epinephrine (aka adrenaline).

While experts do know that high cortisol levels contribute to abnormal accumulation of abdominal fat and the subsequent development of life-threatening diseases, they haven't yet come up with a magic nail to permanently deflate your spare tire. In the long term, adopting habits such as regular exercise, relaxation techniques and a Mediterranean-style diet (see "4 Stress-Busting Recipes" at right) are the keys to creating a healthy, happy life ... and not just the antidote to ab flab!"
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Ah, Dave, my favorite nay sayer. Here is a link to an article I was thinking of when I mentioned stress.
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0846/is_12_23/ai_n6125800/

I include one quote to demonstrate that perhaps it isn't just a "complication" to take a look at the whole person in her/his environement:

"Unfortunately, recent research shows that you can crunch until you crumble and diet till you're drained of energy, but if your days are full of stress, the perfect six-pack--or even a flatter midsection--will continue to elude you."

There you are. :tongue:

I can find "recent research" that says monkeys can fly and they are stressed by cross winds ...
    ..woop woop

we need to quit finding and inventing reasons to sit on the couch and feel sorry for ourselves
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Excellent use of Aristotle's fallacies, but we aren't actually talking about monkeys little man!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Excellent use of Aristotle's fallacies, but we aren't actually talking about monkeys little man!

she said she is happy

move on
  • stillkristi
    Options
    And, I posted about foods likely to support the loss of ab flab. You move on.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

Nope, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is doing periods of really high intensity cardio type training, pushing well outside your comfort zone, close to total failure, for anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes at a time (depending on your fitness level), and following it up with a similar period of rest, rinse, repeat (usually 15 to 25 minutes including 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down included), it's shorter then most workouts, but because of the intensity level, and what it does to growth related hormones, it increases fat burn as opposed to just plain calorie burn. It also drastically increases the burn from EPOC (Exercise Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption), which is how many calories we burn after we work out. With straight cardio, once the heart rate returns to normal, EPOC is the same as pre workout, but with HIIT, it's higher for a few to many hours after (effectively allowing us to burn extra calories for hours after we are finished). It's intense, and not for beginner exercisers, but can be hugely beneficial if done properly.

Circuit training is usually multiple different routines of resistance, weight, cardio, or a mix of any done in quick succession to change the way we use our rest periods, resting one muscle group while working another. Also a good workout, but for different reasons.