Water: Cups or glasses?

Options
On this website it says that they recommend 8 cups of water if I remember right, and when I go up to 8 it looks like it just fills 1 glass. I thought it was 8 glasses of water? Did this change? Is that all the amount of water really needed? Seems a little tiny to me...

Replies

• Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    They are suggesting 8 cups, 8 oz each, per day. The graphic on the website is just showing you how close to the 8 cups you are, it doesn't mean anything.

You will also find a lot of information in other posts that there is actually no science behind drinking 8 oz of water per day. In terms of hydrating your body, you pick up fluids from all sorts of food all day long. Also, if you do a lot of exercise, 8 cups is probably not enough. On days where I have a good long workout, I will drink twice that much water.
  • AnndreaLeeann
    Options
    Ahh, I see! Thank you, I was really confused as to how much they were suggesting.
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yeah on average I drink about 12 to 16 glasses of water a day so my diary glasses of water is always overflowing
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yeah the glass just shows how close you are to reaching the 8, 8oz cup goal. ;) I use a 24 ounce glass and count the times I fill it and put my water in from that total.
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    This was a question I had too. Why dont they add a quick note stating 8, 8oz glasses.