Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the Difference Between....

Slow and Leisurely pace, in the walking for excercise? I am always finding myself trying to decide was I walking slow or leisurely. I kinda thought they were the same, but apparently not, because the calories burned is different.

Replies

• It describes the speed in the exercise description - slow is 2.0mph, leisurely is 2.5mph.
    Use your car to measure 2 miles and 2.5 miles, then walk the same route for an hour and see how far you get.
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Buy a pedometer.

Work out your stride length when walking and put that in the pedometer. (stride length=mark out a starting and finishing line for a known distance and count your steps between the two, divide the distance by the number of steps)

Go for a walk, see how long it takes you to do the walk, the distance then shows in the pedometer and you'll be able to work out your normal walking speed.