Thinking positive about weight loss

Options
Hello! I just wanted to start a chat with those who are interested about what is helping each of you to stay motivated? I've lost 9 pounds so far since January, fell off track a little bit, then got back on track since I joined MFP last week. When I am eating right and exercising, there is such a noticeable difference in my energy and mood compared to when I am being lazy and eating junk. We've all heard this before, but it is so true! I need to remember that each day, how good it feels to stay on track, rather than wanting immediate gratification of losing weight fast.

What's keeping you all going day to day?

Replies

• saralhm
    Options
    Hi I am here if you want to talk,I am new too :)
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 9 lbs thus far!

Mini goals are helping me get back on track, and also my want of a new wardrobe! Sometimes imagining myself being fit is not enough. But you're right, we do feel so much better when we get through it! :flowerforyou:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I need to be in shape for my job which helps.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    What keeps me going? Sheer stubborness and determination. (And a supportive Manbeast and friends. They help too.)
  • my2boiz
    Options
    Congrats on losing 9 lbs thus far!

Mini goals are helping me get back on track, and also my want of a new wardrobe! Sometimes imagining myself being fit is not enough. But you're right, we do feel so much better when we get through it! :flowerforyou:

^^^ This holds true for me too. Get a new pair of jeans each time you lose 10lbs. Set smaller goals of 3 to 4 pounds. Mine right now is to get out of the 160's. I have 3 pounds to go.
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    hi! ive def noticed my energy is way up! i started this properly about 8 weeks ago and im determined to stick at it. down 18lbs already and ive had the occasional bad day too. i dont see much of a difference yet in myself but i cant wait until i can fit into some nice clothes!!! this is a great place for motivation!!
    btw. congrats on the weight loss so far!!
  • tino1967
    Options
    I am new also.... started today....trying to be positive....:sad:
  • atownsend84
    atownsend84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses so far! I am with you all, mini goals are a great thing, and yes to the new wardrobe too! Right now (in the 160's @ 5'3) I have no desire to go shopping for clothes. I want to want to go shopping again :smile:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Definitely staying postive. I am also working on consistency and staying determined. I also have a few reliable friends on here who actually take the time out to motivate me, educate me, and help me get through it all. It makes me very hopeful everyday that in 12 weeks, major progress will show :)
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Fanastic job, everyone!! I just want to say that it is tough to stay motivated. I am a quarter of the way through my weight loss and I am at a struggling point. To be honest, I think it is because I am not eating enough.

For those of you just starting: keep it up, log daily, and make friends!

Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and I was surprised how keeping a daily log made me actually aware of what I was eating. I would have probably eaten two or three more snacks yesterday just because I wanted them. Instead I saw my calories and I didn't ea them and I wasn't hungry or anything. Showing that I could do it for one day was motivation enough for today :) It is the small things!
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My motivation varies from day to day. Today I am happy because I finally get into a size 10 and I am fitting clothing that I have had in my drawers until I was "skinny" enough to fit them. That feels good. It also feels good and keeps me motivated when I can do more physically than I was able to do in the past. If you are consistent, you will see results, some times it just takes time and you have to realize that and try to be patient.
  • atownsend84
    atownsend84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the weight loss so far to everyone, and I'm glad to see quite a few newbies on here along with me :smile: