Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pilates Reformer Group Class

I am starting the pilates reformer class tomorrow.. what should I expect ? I have seen really skinny people doing pilates and I am far away from being skinny... is too difficult if you are overweight ?

Replies

• chrssyeldridge
    chrssyeldridge Posts: 47 Member
    Hope your class went good! I purchased a power pilates gym for my home and I love it IDK about going to a class though!!
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    I LOVE reformer pilates! I don't think it's too difficult for an overweight person to do. I did it and really enjoyed it. Hurt like hell the next couple of days, but I loved it and wish I could fit the classes into my schedule!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    I did this at well over 200 lbs. One of my favorite classes ever. I only quit b/c it got too expensive for me. *sad face*

Be prepared to be sore in places you didn't know existed. :laugh: But it's a good sore!
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    What is pilates reformer? I have been considering a pilates DVD on sale at the store but wasn't sure how effective it was. Opinions?
  • dontworryteach
    dontworryteach Posts: 4 Member
    It is absolutely NOT too hard or awkward for someone who is overweight -- according to the BMI charts I'm almost 100 lbs overweight (probably realistically more like 80lbs...) and I LOVE pilates. It's gotten my back and core so much stronger so I feel like I'm strong enough to take on cardio. I also had back surgery a few years ago which is how I gained almost 50lbs and this is the only thing I could do without hurting my back again.