macros never turn out perfect

Options
Maybe my issue is struggling for perfect numbers BUT I spend lots of time playing around trying to get my macros to turn out or at least for protein to be over and not fat and carbs. It seems like unless I am downing 2-3 shakes a day something goes over. I can only eat so much meat lol I have eggs and cottage cheese everyday also at least 1 protein shake but gosh once I add yogurt and fruits vegies I run out of carbs or fat before I get to my calories. I try to consume most of my 1600 cal a day maybe the macros do not have to be perfect?? 1-10 over under is that ok??

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ya, its ok. its a guideline to aim for ( assuming you have them set up properly)

its rare that I hit them exactly. I aim to reach protein then fat. Im not worrierd about carbs so much. My carbs are from veggies and greek yogurt,
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i never hit mine exactly either - im happy if my protein is over 100.. im almost always over on carbs, and sometimes fat. i get them as close as possible and it hasnt seemed to hurt me at all as far as weight loss goes.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dave I have it set for 40/30/30 c/f/p right now. I am not sure if it right but that was what was suggested when I increased my cal from 1200 and so far it seems to have helped :)
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've got mine set to 40/30/30 as well and have the same problem. I definitely feel like I have to pre-plan WAY more to try and come close to meeting them. And then on harder workout days, I'll be perfect on all, but at like half of my protein. Like you, I sometimes wonder if I'm supposed to exist off protein shakes alone. Jeez! I think the planning is a good habit to have regardless. Let's keep trying :)
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I really never hit mine either. I'm usually within 10-15 grams of my targets but somedays I'm a little lop-sided in my macros. If I'm within say 50 cals of my target for the day, I'm happy.
  • raylenebrooks
    Options
    yeah I find preplanning helps and I almost always play with it to try and get it closeSometimes I find I am subbing foods for like an hour that just seems crazy is 1 gram of fat over really going to matter :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Try greek yogurt instead.
  • raylenebrooks
    Options
    last try of greek yogurt I hated it but it is more popular now than 3 years ago so I should try again :) Ill buy some this weekend.