Eating before bed

Options
Does it make a difference what time of day I stop eating if I stick to my daily calorie target?

Replies

• tjblue2
    tjblue2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Does it make a difference what time of day I stop eating if I stick to my daily calorie target?
  • doctork29
    doctork29 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There isn't a specific time due to differing schedules (aka, telling a bartender they should not eat after 8 pm wouldn't make sense because their day really is just starting), but I do know that you do not want to go to bed on a full stomach. Make sure the last thing you eat is at least an hour before you go to bed at night, preferably two hours.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    no but be sure not to weigh in the morning if u eat heavy at night:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    The theory is give your body an hour or so to digest the food, because if you lay down on a full stomach you may end up with acid reflux, heartburn, tummy ache or even ralphing in the middle of the night. Digestion is gonna happen regardless of if you go to bed right after or not. And that food will be in your body for 48 hours, so yesterdays food is still around....
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,911 Member
    Options
    I have a planned 1/2 cup cereal and 1/2 cup yogurt or soy milk at about 8:30 every night and go to bed about 10:00

It's working so far:bigsmile:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I almost always need to eat something in the evening. If I don't I end up waking up about 3 AM starving and unable to go back to sleep. :grumble: I then want to scarf down 4 bowls of cereal!

So a controlled portion of something is better than that for me but I have often wondered if it could be part of the reason it takes so long for me to lose weight.

thanks for posting this topic.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem to matter for me. As long as it's planned calories I'm good to go.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem to matter for me. As long as it's planned calories I'm good to go.