Reach for the nearest book...and post

Options

Replies

• TracyB25
    Options
    "Inspection techniques and procedures" - Management of Occupational Health and safety (5th Edition, Kelloway & Francis)

Instructions: Reach for the nearest book and comment on this status with the second line of the second paragraph on page 20.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    "Yes, the one significant difference between Dillenger and Rockefeller is how they got their feeling of importance."

From How to win friends and influence people chapter titled Fundamental Techniques in handling people.

If anyone hasn't read this book, it is so great. Its basically phsyc 101, except written from the perspective on how to manipulate people. I think its the best selling non-religious book.

Edit: I'd also like to say that I just realized that a bible was about equidistant to me, but I saw this book first.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    second line of the second paragraph on page 20

the consequences. For instance, in financial accounting, which alternative methods are available to measure or report on the transaction, situation or event?

Kieso & Weygant Ninth Edition Intermediate Accounting UPDATE EDITION

Now there's something worth talking about for sure!
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    "were cured by recalling a death by fire or smoke in-"

Book: Mirrors of Time
    Author: Brian L. Weiss, MD

Full sentence:
    "I have regressed people suffering from asthma who were cured by recalling a death by fire or smoke inhalation in a past life."
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    And with this young man, who now steps out of the back door and makes his way down the beleaguered path to a ramshackle hut from which there rises a welcoming chorus of coos and flutterings.

--Clive Barker Weaveworld
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    While fishing for a fresh magazine, he yelled into his lip mike, "Victor Five, this is Romeo!

Executive Power- Vince Flynn
  • VanishaDawn
    Options
    going to succeed in life. People began recognizing that I had talent, but to (from The Soul of A Butterfly- Reflections on Life's Journey by Muhammad Ali with Hana Yasmeen Ali)
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    "There's this theory out now that if you can catch the AIDS virus through having sex with someone who is infected then you can also catch anything, whether it's a virus per se or not - Alzheimer's, muscular dystrophy, hemophilia, leukemia, anorexia, diabetes, cancer, multiple sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, cerebal palsy, dyslexia, for Christ sakes - you can get dyslexia from p***t----"

American Psycho -

P.S. I'm not sure if this is the "normal" page 20, but it is on my kindle!
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    made with in righteousness his faith was credited to him as righteousness, v 6. Abram and his descendants, v 16

NIV study bible
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Every year in the United States there are about eight hundred deaths due to bike accidents. (This comes from my son's 8th grade Literature and Language Arts textbook.)

YIKES! (see my avatar)

Not cool at all. I'm still recovering from a serious concussion I sustained a few weeks back after wrecking my mountain bike.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    "Exactly. You've never heard of her. She died."

Ten Things I Love About You ~ Julia Quinn (yes I read fluffy historical romance novels - they're fun, okay?)
  • caitwied
    caitwied Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "These are the only few minutes I can be human."

Choke- Chuck Palahniuk
  • caitwied
    caitwied Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think American Psycho is the only book i've ever read that I wished I could un-read.
    (in response to aliciabeth)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "The development of urban markets meant that people soon began fishing for a living."
    Book: The unnatural history of the sea
    Author: Callum Roberts
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to worry about which fruit or vegetable contains phytochemical or antioxidant..."
    Sadly, this is on my nightstand and is a book on calorie count and nutrition. Think I am becoming obsessed. In my previous life, it would have been a mystery novel.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "he walked slowly out and down the hall and knocked."

from cannery row by John Steinbeck
    that's the closest book i had too! high five.
    Great Book...love Steinbeck!
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    "Note how information is also logged to the Firebug console while the text is running to help with debugging."

Book: Closure The Definitive Guide, Google Tools to Add Power to Your JavaScript
    Author: Michael Bolin

It was sitting on corner of my husbands desk closest to me. Book beneath it was on C++ He is a software engineer.
  • NatashaK29
    Options
    to realize what he intended, but she would not be a problem.

Amanda Quick
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    "map, and absolute locations can be studied over time by"

From Human Geography textbook that I should be reading instead of hanging out here...uh-oh
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    "Wizard, over here. My instincts had earned enough credibility to make me pay attention to them."

Turn Coat: A Novel of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher

whoop! love those!