Putting myself out there

I decided to really put myself out there and share with the world my true journey.

My battle of the bulge didn't start a year ago on MFP. I've been fighting for years and years. My whole adolescent/adult life, really. I was my heaviest as a teenager, I really don't know my weight, but I know my pant size back then. :ohwell: People don't believe me when I say I was well over 200lbs as a teen. Unfortunately, I have the pictures to prove it.

r0xffo.jpg

Pic #1 is me probably at my heaviest. I was 14 years old.
Pic #2 is my most recent, when I hit my goal weight.
Pic #3 is this last Christmas.

Amazing how naked this makes me feel. I kept my "fat pictures" hidden as much as I could. Even my husband said "I don't think I've ever seen these." Nope, probably not.

But that is who I was, who I struggle every day to keep from slipping back to. That, sadly, is still who I see looking back at me in the mirror. Not every day, but sometimes. The body may change, but the mind takes much, much longer to change the image that has been burned into it for so many years.

But I am proud of what I've done, how far I've come. How d'ya like me now! :happy:

Replies

• wowbagger42
    wowbagger42 Posts: 25 Member
    Great Job! :)
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    You've done great! You should be proud! You've earned it!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Amazing transformation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    What a wonderful job !! Congrats to you... and thanks for sharing :smile:
  • irishasian05
    irishasian05 Posts: 26 Member
    Awesome! You look fantastic! Your hard work paid off! I've been struggling with my weight for about ten years now, and every day is baby step. It's so great to see other people's success, though. It keeps me focused and motivated.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Holy WOW ! you look amazing!

thanks for sharing, I so needed to see this today!

Its good to see hard work paying off :o)
  • You look fantastic.!!!! Congrats on such a huge accomplishment, the hard work really paid off.! Thanks for sharing, this really gives me motivation :smile:
  • CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    That is so awesome! Very inspiring. Well done. Tell the face in the mirror that I said so:)
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Your level of self awareness is fantastic and will go a long way towards helping you stay in control.
  • Cpuff70
    Cpuff70 Posts: 153
    Awesome!
  • MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Congrats feels good doesn't it?
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Congrats!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    You look great! Thanks for putting yourself out there. :flowerforyou:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,078 Member
    You look great, congrats
    That, sadly, is still who I see looking back at me in the mirror. Not every day, but sometimes. The body may change, but the mind takes much, much longer to change the image that has been burned into it for so many years.

still happens to me all the time.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Fantastic job! You look amazing and hopefully your mind will soon be on the same page as your body. It definitely looks like you have changed your life forever!

Michelle
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    awesome job!
  • hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Awesome job!!!!!! I have always been overweight too, especially as a teenager!
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Wow! Thank you so much for "Putting yourself out there" So very inspiring and completely amazing!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,578 Member
    Excellent! Congrats, Way to Go
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 866 Member
    Wow...you look great!!! Good Job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!