Soo much fast food? ):

Options
I'm finding it impossible to eat healthy when my family goes out
For dinner all the time! /: so discouraging

Replies

• littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Keep trying. If you end up going out with them, then try and make a "better" choice than what you normally would. Instead of a Large big Mac meal, try a medium with water for the drink. Or have a burger and no fries. If you really want some chips, ask the others if they will let you just nibble at a couple of theirs.

Also, talk to you family. Tell them how you feel, that you are struggling because they go out so often. Ask if they can limit it to only a once a week or twice, not three or four. Ask if they will go somewhere slightly healthier instead. Subway over Macdonalds or KFC. Even a burger from a true fish and chips shop is much better than one of the big chain places - and they fill you up more too.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice(:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Willpower. Discipline. There may not be an ideal meal on every menu but it's as simple as making decisions for yourself. Eating is a learned behavior.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

It's not that hard really. I eat out every single day.. Sometimes twice per day. It's never stopped me from accomplishing my goals. Just be smart about what you eat. Research before you go. Have a plan. When in doubt, don't eat it.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

It's not that hard really. I eat out every single day.. Sometimes twice per day. It's never stopped me from accomplishing my goals. Just be smart about what you eat. Research before you go. Have a plan. When in doubt, don't eat it.

Hey, thanks! Great advice!
    (: truly appreciated. I really like the when In doubt phrase.. I will definitely use that
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Hey, thanks! Great advice!
    (: truly appreciated. I really like the when In doubt phrase.. I will definitely use that

No problem... :) Anytime
  • textlikekisses
    Options
    do you have a smart phone? if so, get the "eat this not that" app! It shows you lots of popular places to eat and what foods are healthiest on the menu.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Do you like cooking? Maybe if you start cooking and find a bunch of yummy recipes that are healthy and taste good they will want to eat in and eat your yummy food instead of going out?
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If I know I will be eating out fast food or eating out in general I will plan my day around that. I just plan my other meals around the one I will be eating out. Each day is different for me on adjusting calorie amounts and intake for each meal. Also on those days I go over my calorie intake I just work out more to burn the extra calories I shouldn't of had. Drinking water with the meal is a big calorie saver. Also there are a lot of places that does have a low cal menu or just be cautious what you order.