How to Boost Metabolism

Options
I normally only eat 3 meals a day and typical not hunger very often. I already get a lot of protein in my diet., but my friend informed me that I need to eat every two hours to boost my metabolism. Also as I am watching my calories I have noticed that I am under the 1200 mark for calorie intake. Do you have any suggestion to help boost my metabolism.

Replies

• latoyad
    latoyad Posts: 9
    Options
    I normally only eat 3 meals a day and typical not hunger very often. I already get a lot of protein in my diet., but my friend informed me that I need to eat every two hours to boost my metabolism. Also as I am watching my calories I have noticed that I am under the 1200 mark for calorie intake. Do you have any suggestion to help boost my metabolism.
  • Ficklespunk
    Options
    Eat higher calorie meals at lunch time, just not to high, try to eat some fruit..kind of force yourself to eat more just in small amounts and your body with accept it. Dont eat whole meals though, only those 3 times of day. Try grape fruit, its good for metabolism, I've tried it before but I hated the taste, maybe it'll agree with you better haha

Good luck :]
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of that might help would be weight/strength training. Gaining muscle is a great metabolism booster. Don't worry about bulking up, you can use small 3 pound weights or resistance bands, anything like that should help you out.:flowerforyou:
  • molollyb
    molollyb Posts: 1
    Options
    using 3 pound weights won't do you any good. women can lift heavy and they won't gain muscle mass because its not really genetically possible. men won't gain muscle mass either unless they are eating more calories than they burn off in a day. the muscle has to come from somewhere.

long story short, weight training is fantastic for metabolism, but using 3lb weights isn't weight training
  • in_to_win
    in_to_win Posts: 17
    Options
    I agree that you need to use more than 3lbs dumbbells for weight training. I typically use 20-25lbs when I am strength training and go as high as 30lbs for certain dumbbell exercises. I don't look bulky at all (at least I don't think so...)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    a combination of eating enough calories, eating the right kind of calories, exercise, and eating throughout the day is proven to boost metabolism.

Create a plan, stick to it. You may not feel hungry, but if you have eaten this few calories in this way for a long time, it's very possible your body has just adapted to a stunted metabolism. The only way to revive your metabolism is to eat more, exercise, and eat often. You may gain a little at first, but in the long run, you'll be healthier, and burn more calories.