Looking for Friends & My Weight Loss Twin

Options
Hi! My husband and I have been on MFP since the second week of January 2012, so that's about 7 weeks. I've lost 12 lbs - my starting weight was 255 lbs, current weight is 243 lbs and I'm 5'4".

There was a week or two where I was not eating so great, but it was definitely better than in the past. I'm all excited to start going back to the gym - I hurt my knee right before those two weeks of my mini-binge. All I can do right now is walk on the treadmill because I don't want to injure that knee, but I have one of those big medicine ball thingys and some small weights that I want to start using. My problem, I guess, is that I don't know where to start. Oh, and I work night shifts, usually between 56-72 hours a week.

Replies

• twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I also started around the same time as you!!! My starting goal is to lose another 61 lbs...and see where I go from there. Feel free to friend me :)
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I am a stay at home mom that is looking to go from 206.4 to 130. I started at 221.2 on MFP and has been trying to stay motivated to workout at home. Can't afford a gym membership but still stay active. I get on all the time to post what I eat and exercise.
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi, its a long journey and it takes time... and some people like myself walk the journey many many times.. LOL.. Feel free to friend me if you like... I work days but I am a night owl and have MFP on my Blackberry as well.. I love to chat and I know I need all the encouragement and support I can find to make this a lasting lifestyle change.

Sounds like you and the hubby are off to a great start, keep going and I look forward to talking with you soon

Amy
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your recent success! That is amazing!! Add me if you like!
  • craftygirl1975
    craftygirl1975 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP this week. My cousin got me into it. I know all about having to fit in excersize because I have twin 2 year old girls. I have a long way to go to my end goal but I set a short goal of 25lbs. You have to find the time and keep in mind your reason for starting your weight loss. Feel free to friend me as well.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    friends?? Im at 227- looking for 180..... 41 years old and tired of feeling like a slug...started couch to 5K and healty diet (I was 274 when my journey began)
  • Pamela3
    Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight the first time, my starting weight was 255 and I'm 5'4... I got down to 166 then went right back up to 222.. I'm currently at 212 and rocking the *kitten* out of this.. Add me if you'd like... I'm 27, married, and my children have 4 paws :)
  • bj6886
    bj6886 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started out at 258. It's still hard to type those numbers. I'm 12 pounds down with more than a 100 to go. So please add me if you like.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 7th. My starting weight was 226. I work some nights as well. Add me if you like!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    We are really close to being twins.
    I started MFP in March 2011 - coming up on my 1yr anniversary on here.
    I started at 254
    I am at 210 now - had a gain this week because I started some new workouts + strength.
    My goal now is to get down below 200 but it is being evasive.
    I am a SAHM and I homeschool my two kids.
    I am 5'6".

I get bored with working out and being stuck inside so I mix up my exercise and stack my exercise a lot.
    On any given day you could see any combination of these workouts-- TaeBo, walking, Zumba, interval walk & run, biking, horse back riding, and strength exercises.
    Both my kids workout with me and are my biggest supporters.
    Friend me if you would like and if you are willing to give encouragement also.
  • joannes68
    Options
    I'll be there too if you need another supporter because it would help me also.. I joined a gym last August (going every other day) and just about 2 weeks ago I decided I needed to start eating differently.. We all know water is good for us right.. I read that you should drink half your body weight in water.. I thought oh man I'm 255 - that's about 125 oz in water A DAY!. Well, it's two weeks later and I am down 5 pounds.. I still am not sure if it's been all the water or that and the eating better and trips to the gym for 30 min cardio and interval weight training.. But it's working.. Good luck..
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I have friends! LOL! Thanks for the adds!

I do have a wii, my husband uses it everyday and has lost like 15 lbs, so he's down to 319 lbs. I'm clumsy, and have a knee to baby, so I've been avoiding it - which is soooooo bad, I know. My mii is Darth Vader, thanks to my kids, and it's fat ;( I think I'll give it a try after work in the morning.

I also think I'm going to buy something in a size 14 tomorrow. I'm currently a size 22. Then I'm going to post some fat pics up on my fridge.
  • hottiebikerchick
    Options
    I use my Wii Just Dance 2 all the time and it makes me sweat more than my treadmill....LOL
  • hottiebikerchick
    Options
    <<<<I also think I'm going to buy something in a size 14 tomorrow. I'm currently a size 22. Then I'm going to post some fat pics up on my fridge. >>>>
    OMG!!! I did this last week! It works! Put one on the snack cabinet too!!!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Woo hoo! I have friends! LOL! Thanks for the adds!

I do have a wii, my husband uses it everyday and has lost like 15 lbs, so he's down to 319 lbs. I'm clumsy, and have a knee to baby, so I've been avoiding it - which is soooooo bad, I know. My mii is Darth Vader, thanks to my kids, and it's fat ;( I think I'll give it a try after work in the morning.

I also think I'm going to buy something in a size 14 tomorrow. I'm currently a size 22. Then I'm going to post some fat pics up on my fridge.
    I started out in an 18W and am currently in a 16.
    I have a brand new pair of dark jeans size 14 pinned to my closet door to remind me of where I am headed next.
    I went the extra mile and put a smaller size top with it - sleeveless too !
    One day...one day....
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7 and i started at 160ish. I am almost at 150 (cant weight til i hit the 140s..so excited)

and I also live in NJ (We're in Bergen county, too)
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sleeveless??!! I haven't done that in years. One day . . .
  • MarcieMcB
    Options
    Hello - I just signed up today and need inspiration to loose weight. I too have a knee injury, so it affects how much exercise and what type I can do, usually just walking, but I bought the Zumba work out DVD's. They are fun, but I have to be careful not to injure by knee. And I work swing shift, so I get home around 12:30 am. Always want to eat something like cheese and crackers. I weighed the most at 220 - I'm down to 188, but I was at 175 before the holidays. I just splurged through the holidays, now I am ready to get back on track. Would love to have someone to encourage me and likewise.:happy: