Cardio DVDs? Biggest Loser Cardio Max? Billy's Bootcamp?

Options
So I purchased a HRM and got quite a reality check! Wasn't burning as many calories as I thought I was. MFP really overstates the calorie burn. Most of my workouts are circuit training based (Tae Bo Amped, Shred it With Weights, Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training) I know resistance training helps burn calories throughout the day but I want to see a higher calories burn on the HRM. Today's Tae Bo Amped 40 minute workout only registered 212 calories. I'm aiming for 300 calories or more. I still have over 100 lbs to lose and I'm 5'10.

I purchased Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Billy's Bootcamp Cardio Inferno. Does anyone have experience with these workouts? Good, Bad? Any other suggestions?

I also start Les Mills Pump next week.

Replies

• LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have been using the biggest loser cardio max for a month now. When I do all levels (40 minutes) I burn 400 calories per/my HRM. I'm 5'1 and CW 204.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    When I first got into weight loss almost 3yrs ago I started with Cardio Max, weight loss yoga and boot camp (biggest loser)

I was able to lose 156lbs in 19months

But also have to keep in mind I am a housewife, I was working out 2-3hrs a day doing those and bike riding and other workouts on top of it

they do work though and they are so worth it =)

Don't do them every day or your body will get used to it and plateau mix up your workouts and have fun

remember it takes 3500 cals to lose 1lb AND it all depends on what ur eating and staying under your goal as well as watching your sodium and low carb etc

you got it =)

Your HRM doesn't sound right tho
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I also use Tae Bo Cardio explosion, same time same caloric burn.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thank for the input. I'm up for the challenge!
    When I first got into weight loss almost 3yrs ago I started with Cardio Max, weight loss yoga and boot camp (biggest loser)

I was able to lose 156lbs in 19months

But also have to keep in mind I am a housewife, I was working out 2-3hrs a day doing those and bike riding and other workouts on top of it

they do work though and they are so worth it =)

Don't do them every day or your body will get used to it and plateau mix up your workouts and have fun

remember it takes 3500 cals to lose 1lb AND it all depends on what ur eating and staying under your goal as well as watching your sodium and low carb etc

you got it =)

Your HRM doesn't sound right tho
  • niqua215
    Options
    I have been using the biggest loser cardio max for a month now. When I do all levels (40 minutes) I burn 400 calories per/my HRM. I'm 5'1 and CW 204.
    Great calorie burn! Looking forward to those results!
  • Momieof2girls
    Momieof2girls Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What kind of HRM do you have?
  • niqua215
    Options
    What kind of HRM do you have?
    I have the Polar FT40F