30 day shred, insanity and p90x?

Options
Okay I was wondering if anyone has tried all or any of them? I have tried insanity, but ended up stopping after the 2nd week. I was wondering if I start out with the 30 day shred to get in more shape (I work out, so I am not out of shape,but to be in better) and then do insanity for the full weight loss, then after that try p90x for my weightloss and more toning and keeping in shape. Any comments or recommendations?? also on top of this, 5 days a week I am going to try to do 45min - an hour of a different activity (like zumba, run, classes, gym work outs).

Replies

• pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have done all three. 30 day shred is easiest then p90x then insanity. I would probably start with the shred or p90
  • mudpaw
    mudpaw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    p90x has a fitness test included which you can find on the internet if you google it. I would only recommended this if you are already in shape. if not start with power 90, the workouts are shorter and less intensive then p90x. I have both.

-DT
  • jmulldome
    Options
    I agree with agentpg1girl.........30 Day Shred is definitely the easiest one of the 3, although that's not really saying much because 30 Day Shred is pretty rough.
    P90X would be the next hardest. It's like 30 Day Shred, only with longer videos, and more strenuous workouts.

Insanity is easily the most intense.
    I would say that if you have difficulty completing the P90X Plyo X workout, you are probably not yet ready for Insanity.

Shawn T will chew you up and spit you out.

On the other hand, if you want to try something that is up there with Insanity, Turbofire is pretty hardcore as well.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have all 3. Shred is the shortest and easiest with workout time about 30the minutes with dumbbells. P90x is more weight training with dumbbells and either a pull up bar or bands with workout time at about 11 hour sometimes give or take 20 minutes depending on the day. Insanity is about 45 minutes with no weights, just body weight. Insanity is faster paced with cardio in mind. I like them all. I rotate through videos if I can't get to the gym.