Sizzlin summer slimdown 4-22-09

Options
:flowerforyou:

Good morning ladies Happy Administrative professional day

I am Sooooooooo back on track today. I did another great workout yesterday wich puts me @ 3/30.
I barley went over my calories yesterday but I feel great and my motivation is back. I still am craving sweets but that is just because aunt flo came to visit today :grumble:

Hope you all have a great Hump day :drinker:

ps I did not have the cake I was craving yesterday

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Good morning ladies Happy Administrative professional day

I am Sooooooooo back on track today. I did another great workout yesterday wich puts me @ 3/30.
    I barley went over my calories yesterday but I feel great and my motivation is back. I still am craving sweets but that is just because aunt flo came to visit today :grumble:

Hope you all have a great Hump day :drinker:

ps I did not have the cake I was craving yesterday
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Way to avoid that temptation yesterday! Be proud of yourself!

I've finished day 5/30 today will be day 6 - I think I'll try the kickboxing class tonight....we'll see it might just kick my butt

I feel like I have to try different things my body seems to be SO slowly losing but still losing not giving up but I'd love to see some numbers come off.

Happy Hump Day!!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good job on avoiding the temptation!

Today will be day 5/30 working out. Last night at the gym I had a revelation: I LIKE GOING TO THE GYM!!! This morning on my way to work, I was counting the hours until I could go to the gym. I couldn't believe it.:noway:

I am trying very hard not to get on the scale until Monday, as I really really really want to see the numbers change (it has been oh so long).
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Last night at the gym I had a revelation: I LIKE GOING TO THE GYM!!! This morning on my way to work, I was counting the hours until I could go to the gym. I couldn't believe it.:noway:

Me too - I sit here at my desk waiting to be able to go...silly addiction!!! Tahmed - I totally understand about wanting to see the numbers move.

Kinda like Kristin last night - you bust your butt and do what your supposed to and she actually gained??!?!?!? OUCH
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

I discovered yesterday that a meal at a Thai restaurant is around 800 calories; wow! I must say though that the spicy food took away my sweet tooth which was much needed. So, I got in a good workout at the gym last night and burned the calories needed to keep me in check.

It has finally stopped raining today so I plan to walk my dog at lunch and head to the gym after dinner. Should be a good day if all goes as planned.

I have to say I also believe I am addicted to the gym. I love the high it gives me afterwards!!!

I hope you all have wonderful and successful days!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't do so well with my eating but I did manage to get to Jazzercise. One thing at a time I guess. I am still trying really hard to be good. I haven't given up yet!

Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Memaw
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    hi girls!

not much time to update- bust busy morning!!

good day yesterday...taking today off for a rest day. i'm at 7/30 for exercise.

keep up the motivation everyone- i'm so proud to be part of this great group!! :bigsmile:
  • Jrgal
    Jrgal Posts: 46
    Options
    I feel pumped and ready for today. :happy: I have already gotten in my morning walk and now I am ready for a full hectic day of work.

Good luck to everyone on staying on track for the day and remember to take it one day at a time!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    You know I've noticed that over the past 3 days - I got a trial membership at the local fitness center with pool, racquet ball, bball courts, cardio room, classes, etc etc and I went to my first class there on monday ever since, I've had this Happy glow to me - I feel so happy - amazing what feeling good about what you are doing relates to how you feel overall!!!!
  • smadag1
    Options
    My DH noticed the same thing about me when he got home from work. He said what are you so happy about? I had just finished my workout so I was still pumped from it . I said I just finished my workout and I feel great.:drinker:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Good job on avoiding the tempation!! Avoiding too much salt has been my goal this time with Aunt Flo - craving salty things real bad.

Sounds like everyone doing good on their exercising - today is day 6 for me. Although Monday, I did some real deep apartment cleaning - I didn't count it. I am having the same urge to step on the scale - I actually have not been on it since last Friday to weigh in. I have never managed to stay off it for this long.

Have a good hump day.
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    Okay, so Monday and Tuesday were HORRIBLE for me. But, that is it!! I'm done with this slump! I'm determined to get off my butt and work out today and get back on track with my eating!! Stupid TOM really hit me hard this month and I let it. That was stupid of me, but I'm ready to correct the problem!
    Good Luck everyone!! Have a great day!! :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :heart:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...I'm falling off slowly but surely...and not the pounds. :grumble: I know what I need to do, I just need to do it.

I guess i'm just starting to stress about the future. I'm in desperate need of a part time job so that I can start saving and get my butt into Graduate school. It's such a big expense that's looming over me and I hate to think of going more into debt for it. ARGH! :frown:

Anyway....tonight will make 5/30 days. WOW, I need to step it up. I think I'm going to print off my calendar like last time and really start to make a plan. We're having a Spring Snack Day here in the office today - I've already given into temptation. Looks like it'll be veggies and chicken for dinner tonight!

The only thing going really well for me is water - i've been drinking at LEAST 9 glasses a day....if not more like 12. So that's good!

I'm proud of you ladies....I'll get back on th horse, just gotta listen to my own advice and do it for the right reasons.
  • shannahrose
    Options
    Hi ladies...I'm falling off slowly but surely...and not the pounds. :grumble: I know what I need to do, I just need to do it.

I guess i'm just starting to stress about the future. I'm in desperate need of a part time job so that I can start saving and get my butt into Graduate school. It's such a big expense that's looming over me and I hate to think of going more into debt for it. ARGH! :frown:

Anyway....tonight will make 5/30 days. WOW, I need to step it up. I think I'm going to print off my calendar like last time and really start to make a plan. We're having a Spring Snack Day here in the office today - I've already given into temptation. Looks like it'll be veggies and chicken for dinner tonight!

The only thing going really well for me is water - i've been drinking at LEAST 9 glasses a day....if not more like 12. So that's good!

I'm proud of you ladies....I'll get back on th horse, just gotta listen to my own advice and do it for the right reasons.

oh my i hear you more than you now n=on the stress!! i'm currently working at a job that i like, but don't LOVE. i've been sending out resumes like its going out of style, but apparently we just graduated at the wrong time....i also planned grad school and an MBA in my future, but cant justify taking out more loans without a stable plan to pay them off. i'm hoping to score a job that will pay for me to get my MBA- haha, wouldn't that be nice? :laugh: :laugh:

but seriously, i'm right there w/ you. hang in there- put your anxiety and frustration into exercise! i'm cheering for you opera!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    I lost another Pound! :smile: :smile: :smile: 2 pounds for this challenge. I am feeling good and FINALLY some weight is coming off.
  • Opera_Bound
    Options

oh my i hear you more than you now n=on the stress!! i'm currently working at a job that i like, but don't LOVE. i've been sending out resumes like its going out of style, but apparently we just graduated at the wrong time....i also planned grad school and an MBA in my future, but cant justify taking out more loans without a stable plan to pay them off. i'm hoping to score a job that will pay for me to get my MBA- haha, wouldn't that be nice? :laugh: :laugh:

but seriously, i'm right there w/ you. hang in there- put your anxiety and frustration into exercise! i'm cheering for you opera!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks dear! :flowerforyou: I mean, at least I have a JOB, period. But It's not what I WANT to be doing, and it's not even something I enjoy in the slightest. There's not much out there for a graduate with a Bachelors in Music...and performance at that. If at least I could try substitute teaching - although even that has a hiring freeze on it right now. :frown: Anyway...I'm just having one of those times again where I get down on myself, lack motivation, and become a hermit. Spent the first 3-5 months after graduation like that. Then I started to change my life - I've gotta get outta this rut! Just jogged/walked quickly up the 3 LARGE flights of stairs to get to my desk. Needed it after all the CRAP I've eaten today. I'm scared to log anything because I don't even want to KNOW what damage I've done today. :embarassed: :grumble: :frown: *sigh*

Ok...I need a new attitude...I can do what I set my mind to. It's simply a matter of evaluating the impact my choices will have on my mind and body. (Of course this is easier said than done, but gotta start somewhere.) Ya'll are so wonderful, I wouldn't be able to do this with out you all. Thanks for letting me rant and rave today...I'm gonna keep on pushin!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Come on girl snapp out of it. You do not want to undo the work you have already done. Sometimes when I feel crappy about life a good hard workout helps me feel better.You know you have the strenght in you to keep going and not guit.:flowerforyou:

THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL BUTT KICKING SNAP OUT OF IT :drinker:
  • Opera_Bound
    Options

:laugh: :flowerforyou: THANK YOU! I needed that! :blushing:
  • shannahrose
    Options
    Come on girl snapp out of it. You do not want to undo the work you have already done. Sometimes when I feel crappy about life a good hard workout helps me feel better.You know you have the strenght in you to keep going and not guit.:flowerforyou:

DITTO! and at the very least, a good long workout gets my mind thinking about something else for a while! :tongue:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Opera - when you have a desire to eat something - drink some water FIRST - try chewing some sugar free gum.....or just flat out ask yourself is it worth it?????

Do some kicks or punches - anything to distract your thinking about a bad choice.