daunted newbie

Options
Hi all

I started MFP yesterday after a good few months of being stuck on a plateau (very disheartening), I am 22, 5ft 2 and weigh about 142lbs...I am looking to be at about 126lbs and feel healthier overall. After exercising and eating what I thought was right, I still had only lost 1lb in about a month (remember what I said about being disheartened)... well I started tracking calories for the first time in years on MFP yesterday and boy was I shocked... I tracked what I would normally eat in a day and it only added up to about 1000kcal (according to this website my BMR is in the 1300-1400 region) Could the reason be why I'm not losing weight is because I'm undereating and going into starvation mode??? I think I'm gonna be disappointed with the scale results at first and its going to be really daunting to eat both my BMR and the extra exercise calories - but i'm willing to give it a go :-)

Replies

• pixie_mills
    pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well depending on how long you have been eating at 1000 cals (long term or just a fluke) then yes your metabolism could have "slowed" down a bit. Meaning your bmr is less than the calculators suggest.

If you have entered all of your info in to mfp as accurately as you can, and have a reasonable per week weight loss goal (1/2 to 1 lb per week based on the amount you want to lose) Then you should try to eat at the goal mfp has given you. Try that for three or four weeks and then see what needs to be adjusted.
  • pixie_mills
    pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
    Options

i have a strange feeling its kinda been long term - not like years, months perhaps. i'm at 1lb weight loss goal per week and trying my hardest to eat all the goal calories - as well as the ones from exercise. A lot more difficult than I thought it'd be lol