American Idol 4/22/09

Options
mello
mello Posts: 817 Member
I was pleasantly suprised that this theme turned out as good as it did.

I again thought Chris was really good, because he is a quieter person and doesn't have a "story" like Danny his star kind of fades....but this kid is really good!

Danny's slipping...he started out really good and had nowhere to go.

Allison's always good even if the song was little old for her....a 16 yr old signing she wants some "hot stuff baby tonight???:noway: "

Anoop needs to go, Justin Timberlake wanna be needs to go, and Lil, I can't fathom how or why she's still here. And while i'm never one to pick on anyone.....does she have to accentuate that STRANGE looking thing that we would call an a**?????

Adam...I'm tired of the judges never finding fault...he's good, he's really good but last night was really bad. I couldn't understand half the words he was signing. It would have been awsome had he really "discoed" it up.

What are your thoughts???? And Max I hope your back!!!!!!!!

Replies

• mello
    Options

I again thought Chris was really good, because he is a quieter person and doesn't have a "story" like Danny his star kind of fades....but this kid is really good!

Allison's always good even if the song was little old for her....a 16 yr old signing she wants some "hot stuff baby tonight???:noway: "

Anoop needs to go, Justin Timberlake wanna be needs to go, and Lil, I can't fathom how or why she's still here. And while i'm never one to pick on anyone.....does she have to accentuate that STRANGE looking thing that we would call an a**?????

Adam...I'm tired of the judges never finding fault...he's good, he's really good but last night was really bad. I couldn't understand half the words he was signing. It would have been awsome had he really "discoed" it up.

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Chris was awesome last night!!!!!

Danny...was ok..like you said, he's slipping.

Allison rocks!!!!! She is REALLY talented! Like they always tell her, she COULD sing the phone book.

Anoop...blah

Lil..bigger blah

Matt...was ok, but as Simon would say, "Forgettable".

Adam...I LOVED his performance last night! I wasn't crying like Paula, but I thought it was great!

The bottom 3 should be Anoop, Lil & Matt....Lil & Anoop should go home tonight.
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    I was afraid for Allison going into this week, esp since they used the save last week. My favs last night were Allison and Chris. I think Anoop and lil deff need to go. Wasnt impressed as much with Adam as I have been and I think Danny is getting tired with it all.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

Yeah, I agree.... I totally forgot about Anoop...he is pretty forgettable...

So the bottom three should be Anoop, Lil & Matt..... I don't know, but Lil should go....but it's hard to choose between Matt & Anoop....hm....

I was expecting Adam to do something big, but I think he did well...
    Danny:love:
    Kris did really good, he's got the cutest smile
    Allison did well, I think that she can sing
  • mello
    Options
    I was afraid for Allison going into this week, esp since they used the save last week. My favs last night were Allison and Chris. I think Anoop and lil deff need to go. Wasnt impressed as much with Adam as I have been and I think Danny is getting tired with it all.

THAT'S what it is...Danny does seem tired. I couldn't figure it out but he just doesn't seem to be trying as hard as he did when the show first started. I love:love: his voice though!!!
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Yes! They have gone! :drinker:

I was so scared, however, that Allison might go! She's such a good singer, I couldn't believe it wasn't down to Anoop and Matt!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Yes! They have gone! :drinker:

I was so scared, however, that Allison might go! She's such a good singer, I couldn't believe it wasn't down to Anoop and Matt!

I agree!!! I was freaking out when she was in the bottom! It's going to be tough to choose a favorite between Allison, Danny & Adam!!! (If it ends up that way!)
  • mello
    Options
    Glad your back to discuss Max!!!!!!!! Now play nice so you don't have to go back in time out.

As far as Idol goes, I thought the right ones went home last night.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I couldn't believe Allison was in the bottom 3, i even voted this week because i was worried about her. Seems that she doesn't have a big fan base, even though i totally think she is the best!

I think the right ones went home last night, although i thought Matt should have been in the bottom not Allison.
  • mello
    Options
    I couldn't believe Allison was in the bottom 3, i even voted this week because i was worried about her. Seems that she doesn't have a big fan base, even though i totally think she is the best!

I think the right ones went home last night, although i thought Matt should have been in the bottom not Allison.

If Allison dressed and looked like a 16 yr old, she would have a bigger fan base. Not sure who is advising her but its not working.

Your right, she's super talented, but her image needs to be softened up a bit. I notice they changed Adam's look early on. He looks nothing like he did during the first few weeks, most of the eyeliner has come off, his hair is not slicked down to his head and he wears "normal" clothes....well most of the time anyway. He was melted and poured into his skinny jeans last week...UGH:noway:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: Kris. My DH says he is just like John Mayer, who I also ADORE, so I'm really pulling for him.

However I think Adam is gonna win it. Just because no matter what he does the judges fawn all over him. Tears, Paula? Sheesh. (insert eye roll here)

I do like his young Elvis look as opposed to Emo-boy. I just don't like it when he screams during his songs. Yuck.

Allison DOES need some better wardrobe assistance. She dresses like a hot mess every week. I'm always wondering who is doing that to her? But her voice is SO good. And it is supposed to be all about the voice, not the outfits.

In my perfect world, it would come down to Allison and Kris, and Kris would win.

But I don't think I will get my wish. I think Matt is next, followed by Danny. He does seem like he is over it. And notice how they have stopped mentioning the dead wife for his sympathy?
  • magichatter06
    Options
    I don't think they ever really started with the "dead wife sympathy" it was like on the first audition he had, talked about how his wife had passed 4 weeks earlier...but I don't think they focused on that at all.... I think that he does, however, sing for her and the song he sang the week before?, was probably aimed towards her and his feelings towards her..

He gets votes because he is good
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I love Adam & Allison. I think they will be the last 2 standing. I'm glad Lil and Anoop went home last night. I think Danny will be next. This IS the best batch of singers they have had . Cindy :heart:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Was it just me or did the stars they had on last night singing old disc tunes sound dreadfully awful???

And what was up with KC? He had so much make up on it was disgusting!! KC and The Sunshine Bank was one of my faves back in the day (I know I'm showing my age) but man, he did NOT age gracefully!

Memaw
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I was sorry to see Anoop go - he was one of my favorites early on - but he really did deserve to go last night.

I love Danny and would love it if he won - but I have to say, my favorite is Kris. He reminds me of Jason Mraz.

Adam? I'm just not crazy about him. I know that he's artsy and has talent - but he's just not my cup of tea. Moreover - I get tired of hearing the judges talk about how WONDERFUL he is... what he's done to some of those songs is just pitiful!

Alison - I like her. I think she's got a neat voice and I think she'd be marketable - but they need to make her look "not so harsh" and they need to work with her on age-appropriate song choices. As a "mom" I watch her and think, "Where's the guidance here?"

Matt's ok - but I don't know that he's anything "new". He generally leaves me with a "meh" feeling.

The guest stars last night didn't sound good.... it broke my heart. Disco is such a happy genre of music and last night, it just sounded "old"... that makes me sad.