Big dinner tonight

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
Today is my fiance's birthday and we are having porterhouse steak, steak fries, and salad for dinner. I calculated that into my food diary, along with the sugar free oatmeal I had for breakfast, veggie delight salad from Subway with red wine vinegar for dressing, 3 stalks of celery for snack, and 2 beers with the hubby. Oh, I am also making him a b-day cake which I'm sure I will have a bite or 2. I am hungry now and still have 2 hours til lunch. Should I go ahead and eat my normal 10 am snack even though I will already be over my calories without it? I won't have time to exercise today either.

So the question is: if I know I am having a big dinner and 2 beers tonight, should I still snack if I am hungry?

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Today is my fiance's birthday and we are having porterhouse steak, steak fries, and salad for dinner. I calculated that into my food diary, along with the sugar free oatmeal I had for breakfast, veggie delight salad from Subway with red wine vinegar for dressing, 3 stalks of celery for snack, and 2 beers with the hubby. Oh, I am also making him a b-day cake which I'm sure I will have a bite or 2. I am hungry now and still have 2 hours til lunch. Should I go ahead and eat my normal 10 am snack even though I will already be over my calories without it? I won't have time to exercise today either.

So the question is: if I know I am having a big dinner and 2 beers tonight, should I still snack if I am hungry?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Yes. You are likely to eat larger portions at your dinner tonight if you don't snack throughout the day.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'd say you should, if today is going to be a write off anyway and I'm sure your snacks are healthy, it won't hurt to have one day off on your hubby's birthday I'm sure :drinker: enjoy the freedom! Just get back on it tomorrow :smile:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Yes. You are likely to eat larger portions at your dinner tonight if you don't snack throughout the day.

Well, my plan was to skip mid morning snack which would be triscuits and hummus, and eat the celery on my drive home before I start dinner.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to fit this all into your calorie goal, or your maintenance calories? I know that to maintain my current weight I can eat 2000cal (withno exercise) so on days like your having, I'll skip my 1400cal goal and just make sure I'm under my 2000. :flowerforyou: Have fun!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Are you trying to fit this all into your calorie goal, or your maintenance calories? I know that to maintain my current weight I can eat 2000cal (withno exercise) so on days like your having, I'll skip my 1400cal goal and just make sure I'm under my 2000. :flowerforyou: Have fun!

That is a good point that I need to remember more often. Since I am not trying to lose a large amount of weight, even if I am eating what I should be to "maintain" is good enough on some days. Great point.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    how about some exercise so you can fit the calories in better
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

have 1 beer and no steak fries have extra salad and only 3 bites of cake..there will be more Bdays dont let this one be your setback so early in the game..by cutting your portions tonight u will have enough not to be starved during the day
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

have 1 beer and no steak fries have extra salad and only 3 bites of cake..there will be more Bdays dont let this one be your setback so early in the game
    :flowerforyou: DITTO:flowerforyou: