Zig-Zag Calories?

Options
Has anyone done this with results?

I am trying to figure some stuff out with this... Do you eat your exercise calories back if you follow this? Also, why is it so many more calories than my fitness pal allows? Would losing 2 pounds a week be under fat loss or extreme fat loss? And how much exercise should you be doing a day? Lots of questions sorry, I am just struggling to find the right calorie intake vs calories burnt and my weight loss has been so slow!

Here is what it shows for me, 5'11 and 232 pounds.
(taken from http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm)

Maintenance Fat Loss Extreme Fat Loss
Monday 3039 2431 1856
Tuesday 2431 1945 1856
Wed. 3647 2918 2228
Thursday 3039 2431 1856
Friday 2735 2188 1856
Saturday 3343 2675 2042
Sunday 3039 2431 1856

Any help appreciated. Thank you :)

Replies

• bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Is that with or without exercise calories?
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've done this with success but I never used the Extreme Fat loss level. The main thing you have to remember is the exercise is already worked in. So you eat exactly what they say and no more. Also, you have to commit to about 2 weeks to see major results. It can be time consuming to alter your diet day to day but the guy who did that site said you can eat the same diet but on higher days you eat an extra serving of something to up your calories. I'm actually about to start clean again and do this for a while. I was maintaining during the holidays and new year but now I've gotten off track and don't want to go backwards. I want to do it till I get to goal and then use the maintenance zig zag levels.

good luck.
  • Asces
    Asces Posts: 182
    Options
    Ok, this sounds like it would be worth trying.

I think I will try this Monday.

So I usually burn around 800 to a 1000 calories a day through exercise, I would eat none of that back right?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Correct, your exercise is already figured in. That's why it's so much more. MFP gives you net calories, and you're supposed to eat back the exercise calories. This should work out to the same total calories, it's just a different way to say it.
  • Asces
    Asces Posts: 182
    Options
    Thank you, things make more sense now :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Oh and the "fat loss" looks like about 1 pound per week, "extreme fat loss" would be about 2. Whatever it gives you for maintenance calories, you just subtract 500 per day to lose 1 pound per week.
  • looloo99
    Options
    I went to this site,and they are giving me Less calories per day then MFP! For the extreme and regular. I'm pretty sure though its because I am at the end my journey, trying to loose the last 10 pounds! They can't tell me to go too much lower or I might starve to death! lol.