Alli Capsules

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
I've just heard about these on the radio, apparently they help your body burn fat, just wondering if anyone has tried them.
I'm tempted to go buy a month's worth and see how I get on - thing is, although I can't find any reason not to take them, I am a diabetic, so I have to be careful what medication I have.
Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:
:heart: Jackie

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    I've just heard about these on the radio, apparently they help your body burn fat, just wondering if anyone has tried them.
    I'm tempted to go buy a month's worth and see how I get on - thing is, although I can't find any reason not to take them, I am a diabetic, so I have to be careful what medication I have.
    Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:
    :heart: Jackie
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    NO

NO

and NO

dont do it

read
    learn

a months supply? save your money
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, but I know people who have. I was they work fine as long as you eat well. But if you sucumb to craving and eat something high in fat, like a pint of Ben & Jerry's, well then you're going to be dealing with some uh, "digestive issues", shall we say.

Read here: http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-Orlistat-Capsules-60-Count-Starter/product-reviews/B000OWHYC6

How do I make a link in a post? :explode: :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    The drug also may pose risks for anyone who takes blood-thinning medication or has diabetes or thyroid disease.

Orlistat decreases the absorption of certain fat-soluble vitamins — for example, vitamins A, D and E. If you're taking Alli, you need to take a daily vitamin supplement (at a time different from when you take Alli) to prevent potential nutrient deficiencies.
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    In the uk from today they are available over the counter but under strict assessment, with a BMI >28, they are meant to aid weight loss effectively but its the side effects that are a big negative, the report interviewed several people and everyone reported a drastic incontinence and im not talking urinary here, many indicated that after having ingested fatty food, it run right through them and a toilet needs to be on hand at all times, so this is not a posiive image to have, your probably better sticking to this website and calorie count.

The price in the uk is £50 per month, quite expensive, look at all the healthy food you could buy with this money, my advice steer clear :wink: :smile:
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    My husband actually read the packaging and it says something about possbily having uncontrollable "bathroom issues". I know I would never try it.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I was they work fine as long as you eat well.
    If they work when you eat well, you should just save yourself some money, and eat well. That is the best thing for you anyway.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    If they work when you eat well, you should just save yourself some money, and eat well. That is the best thing for you anyway.

amen.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

I agree....1000% :wink: There have been many posts on this particular little pill and the one I best remember is a lady who was at a work function and was told by another employee to put her jacket around her waist because she had soiled herself and didn't even know it thanks to the side effect of ANAL LEAKAGE!!!!! sounds fun.

If you don't learn to do it with out the aid of diet pills or drinks or other "kick start" & quick fixes you are more than likely going to gain the weight back. You have to learn to exercise and eat right if you plan on taking the weight off for good :wink:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Hmmm, sounds more like an expensive form of laxative!
    Think I'll go buy a box of black magic instead :laugh:

Seriously though, £50 a month is a LOT of money, I've spoken to my local pharmasist, and have an appointment to see him this afternoon for a 5 minute consultation. He said as long as I steer clear from fatty foods I should be ok - 'should' :noway:

I'm extremely sceptical.

I have lost a lot of weight already, but I'm yo-yoing, but still think this is a fast fix, think I'd rather the slower pace, and keep it off.

I'm just curious I guess, but do I really want to go down this route? I think not - back to the home gym for me :wink:

Thanks guys - you saved me AGAIN!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Seriously though, £50 a month is a LOT of money, I've spoken to my local pharmasist, and have an appointment to see him this afternoon for a 5 minute consultation. He said as long as I steer clear from fatty foods I should be ok - 'should' :noway:

I'm extremely sceptical - will go see what he sayd I think - and talk to my gp too

the mayo clinic said this stuff is not for diabetics

you said you are a diabetic

there is nothing else to decide

DONT DO IT
  • Jackie_W
    Options

I'm extremely sceptical - will go see what he sayd I think - and talk to my gp too

the mayo clinic said this stuff is not for diabetics

you said you are a diabetic

there is nothing else to decide

DONT DO IT

Thanks Dave, I'm taking yours and every one else's advice, and keeping to my salads and exercise, I'd rather grin and bear the slower pace than lose it all and then fall flat on my face and be hundreds of pounds worse off for it :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    why mess up a good thing? your losing weight and on the right track the only thing a pill can do is make you dependant on it and when you can no longer afford the pill what happens is you start to blame all your weight gain on not having it anymore....stick to what you have been doing ..dont put that stuff in your body ..in a few yrs there will be one of those famous commercials stating "have you or your loved one taken Alli and suffered this and that..contact XXXXXXXX for your settlement".....:huh:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    why mess up a good thing? your losing weight and on the right track the only thing a pill can do is make you dependant on it and when you can no longer afford the pill what happens is you start to blame all your weight gain on not having it anymore....stick to what you have been doing ..dont put that stuff in your body ..in a few yrs there will be one of those famous commercials stating "have you or your loved one taken Alli and suffered this and that..contact XXXXXXXX for your settlement".....:huh:

Exactly! I can't believe I was actually taking this seriously - I'm NOT going to buy them, sounds like another quick fix, I want a lifetime change not a temp one :flowerforyou:
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ok so about a year ago I worked graves for a company that sells all kinds of diet pills. I was one of those people answering calls from the infocommercials. I would never ever ever ever ever suggest or support anyone in taking these pills. They are truly not good for you. I dont care what anyone says all diet pills are bad. I learned and heard of things I would never have imagined. I watched a coworker who was in her 20's have a heart attck at work (they gave us free samples) because she took them. Most of these pill are not approved by the FDA. They word it so it sound like they have but most havent. Allie is not good I know several people ( again we got free samples) who had issues. The biggest one and yes I will say it When they farted they squirted. Your body needs to break down your food that is what it was made to do. I will also loose my mother sooner because of phen phen (three leaky whole in her heart they cant fix). I know its hard we all want to loose and see quick results but its now safe playing the pills game. Keep eating healthy and excersizing your body was made to handle that not unnatural pills that change the chemistry in your body. I would obviously say NO NO NO NO Dont Do IT!!!! Good Luck This is a journey, there is no short cuts or side roads!!