This little Piggy Went to the market.....

Options
Just call me Miss Piggy. I am addcited ....to FOOD ! Just wondering if anyone does the same as me?? .. When I go to the store to pick up something for lunch for hubby and I ...
will stop by the deli and pick up a piece of chicken and eat it on the way back to the office..knowing when I get there I am going to eat again. Hubby dosen't know ,,,,I try to hide that I have already ate something.... I pig out lunch with him. Then I will make an excuse to go to the store and say I need to get something for dinner and will get another piece of chicken , and eat it on the way back. When it comes time for dinner..I am not actually hungry I just eat to be eating. I do this at least 4 times a week.

Eat to be eating....does this make sense??? :explode:
What is wrong with me???

Replies

• chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Options
    Just call me Miss Piggy. I am addcited ....to FOOD ! Just wondering if anyone does the same as me?? .. When I go to the store to pick up something for lunch for hubby and I ...
    will stop by the deli and pick up a piece of chicken and eat it on the way back to the office..knowing when I get there I am going to eat again. Hubby dosen't know ,,,,I try to hide that I have already ate something.... I pig out lunch with him. Then I will make an excuse to go to the store and say I need to get something for dinner and will get another piece of chicken , and eat it on the way back. When it comes time for dinner..I am not actually hungry I just eat to be eating. I do this at least 4 times a week.

Eat to be eating....does this make sense??? :explode:
    What is wrong with me???
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with you your just over eating...we all have done it...But perhaps ypu could tackle that hurdle and make that one of your goals to have 6 small meals per day ..perfectly balanced and measured....:drinker:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with you your just over eating...we all have done it...But perhaps ypu could tackle that hurdle and make that one of your goals to have 6 small meals per day ..perfectly balanced and measured....:drinker:
    Well put Mya!!:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    logging your food even with some wiggle room BEFORE you eat it is a great help
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    so you are a pig and you eat chicken?! :huh: i have actually seen real pigs eat and they prefer their snack to be apples or pears or something like that... you could try to be a real pig and munch on fruit, too :wink:
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    wow, the way that you talk about eating is the way that I talk about shopping. Uncanny. I guess I replaced one bad habit with another!

I have days (at that time of the month) where I'm like this too - it's not hunger, I just want to eat, eat , eat. Try swapping gum, flavored seltzer or diet soda, airpopped popcorn, sliced cucumber or celery with mustard - you still get to eat-eat-eat without the same level of damage.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    On thing that I have learned not to do is go to the grocery store hungry....
    NEVER NEVER....
    Dangerous....and I am a fried chicken lover as well.....ugh!
  • chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Options
    thanks everyone for your replies. I started me a food journal on Monday and it has made me aware of the food I take in....did not realize how much I was actually eating.

I do know that to much of anything including fruits and veggies is bad and I need to eat in moderation.

I quit smoking almost 19 months ago and guess I have been replacing food for a smoke. Hubby an I own a small business and work together and he told me everytime he would look over at me at my desk I was eating something...:embarassed: candy, chips, nuts , gum..the list goes on and on.
    Just wanted to get some imput from you all and I appreciate all you have said and I am going to put it to use. thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Sounds like it is not what you are eating, but what is eating you! Have you considered that there might be underlying emotional problems? I had some Therapy a few years back, when I solved the root problems the compulsive eating solved itself. Sometimes it is not just the scale that is bothering us, childhood issues, marital problems, you name it. Simply put weeds don't just show up, they have roots! Get the root of your issues solved and magically the weeds die too, ie bad eating habits. Sounds like you are trying to comfort food away something else.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    so you are a pig and you eat chicken?! :huh: i have actually seen real pigs eat and they prefer their snack to be apples or pears or something like that... you could try to be a real pig and munch on fruit, too :wink:

What an appalling unkind thing to say. :cry: :cry:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Shop less frequently & plan those meals so you don't have to go pick up lunch.
    Plan.
    Log.
    Pay attention to what you choose to buy & eat.
    :smile:
    I'd be the same way if I let myself.
    :flowerforyou: