Female question

Options
When you all are having your period do you tend not to lose any weight that week? I haven't budged the a little bit ht is week. Makes me so mad!

Replies

• aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    When you all are having your period do you tend not to lose any weight that week? I haven't budged the a little bit ht is week. Makes me so mad!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    nope i gain 4lbs then it all comes off the next week however..u have to watch sodium 1500mg is my max
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    very normal, many tend to gain that week. your period usually comes with bloating- ie- water retention- which will cause the appearance of weight gain on the scale, but should disappear in time for your next weigh in.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    That TOM tends to make us retain water. I generally do not lose the week before or during but tends to make up for it about 5 days after it's over.

Be careful not to give into PMS cravings... drink plenty of water (for me - I need to drink about 3 cups more a day than usual) to help prevent the water retention. Also watch your salt intake.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I always gain between 2-4 lbs right before and it is the most challenging time with food for me as well!!
    :cry: :yawn: :sad: :embarassed:
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I always gain weight!!!!:mad: I start eating like there will not be any food left on Earth!:noway: Luckily it usually comes off the week after.:happy: It still really sucks and it doesn't help the emotional issues that I already go through at that time!!!:sad:

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • heather93277
    Options
    I was wondering why I didn't lose anything this week until I got a nice reminder LOL! :blushing: So I'm hoping to see big changes for next week's weigh in :bigsmile:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ah the life of a woman!!!
    Men have it so darn easy...lol
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Yup, me too.... I'll stay the same or gain a few then lose big the following week! :wink:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Ugh....I hate the bloated feeling:grumble:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I don't experience the bloated feeling like I used to, but I do not lose any weight that week or gain any.