College, horses, weightloss. My life!

Options
Hey guys!

I'm a 19 year old college junior in the mountains of NC. I've been a horse lover all of my life and still work with horses as much as college will allow financially and time wise. Which means I spend a lot of my limited spare time out at the local horse rescue. I love it there, but can't wait on the day I have a job and am able to get my own horse! My weight holds me back some in every aspect of my life it seems. While nobody at the rescue cares that I am overweight, it does drastically reduce the horses I am able to ride. I really want to do this for myself and for my future horses. To be able to shop for horses after college without worrying I am too heavy for some of them will be the best thing in the world. Plus it will improve my everyday life just by simply being healthy and fit! So here goes the struggles of college dining areas, no kitchen, bad influences by friends, and the ultimate test of my will power. To lose weight in college! I'm down 25 lbs from my highest weight, but I still have another 100+ to go! Eeeek.

I would love some friends and support from you guys, especially if you can relate with me! Just add me as a friend and we can do this together!

Katie

Replies

• pearsj
    pearsj Posts: 14
    Options
    You can do this. I have children in college, love horses and am trying to lose 50+ pounds. Say positive. I started riding again after several years of not riding and it is one of my biggest motivations. I am hoping to own my own horse for the first time later this year. I think that's great that you are working at the horse rescue.

I will send you a friend request - add if you like.