Exercise Notes

Options
sonjavon
sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
Do you make notes under "Exercise Notes" on your exercise diary. I didn't my first week... but I've tried to write a little in there since. I'm glad for it too. While my scale isn't showing much right now - I was able to look back to when I first started and how much it hurt to walk for 20 minutes. Now I find myself writing the same thing about walking for an hour that I used to write about walking for 20 minutes.

Just a reminder to use all the tools that you have available to you - it's just another way to mark progress.

Replies

• sonjavon
    Options
    Do you make notes under "Exercise Notes" on your exercise diary. I didn't my first week... but I've tried to write a little in there since. I'm glad for it too. While my scale isn't showing much right now - I was able to look back to when I first started and how much it hurt to walk for 20 minutes. Now I find myself writing the same thing about walking for an hour that I used to write about walking for 20 minutes.

Just a reminder to use all the tools that you have available to you - it's just another way to mark progress.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    no I dont use the note section ..I may check it out I never really noticed it before thks
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I did when I first started and found it really helped for some motivation when I could see the progress.

thanks for the heads up to the new comers.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    it is funny you posted this. I have never used it, but today while I was at the gym I was thinking the same thing... that when i started 5+ weeks ago now, that I started out using the ellipitcal, but that it was all i could do to last 20 minutes, and had to go very slow and was BEAT when I was done. Now I can make myself do 60 minutes for the same worn out after-effect.

Also, I notice that it takes more effort to maintain my target heart rate than before. When I first started a flight of stairs at the gym just to get to the cardio equipment was enough to put my heart rate "in the zone" and keeping it there was simple. Today, it took concerted effort and increased difficulty level to keep it in the zone!

I will be fit one day.... I will!
  • angelpix1322
    Options
    are you just doing the fitness pal chart and exersice Thats great that u lost so much weight so far It makes me more motoviated
  • sonjavon
    Options
    are you just doing the fitness pal chart and exersice Thats great that u lost so much weight so far It makes me more motoviated

Honestly - this is the EASIEST thing I have ever done! I track my calories faithfully. I exercise at least 20-30 minutes a day (usually I do a little more) and I drink more water than I ever have before in my life. I've done every diet under the sun... I think I've tried every legal pill under the sun and NOTHING has given me the results that I've had this go around. I don't feel like I deprive myself of anything... and most importantly - I feel great! I can really tell the days that I don't exercise because I don't have the same energy.