Morning sickness?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it yet, it is probably a virus especially since she is on BC pills. If she doesn't get better soon, she should go to the doctor either way.

1 thing about morning sickness though, is that is does not just randomly occur in the morning and then everything is fine typically. It is usually ALLLLLLLLLL day long. I am suffering through right now but I am almost to week 13 so hopefully it will be over soon.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Maybe a stomach bug.. or her head is playing tricks on her. You can sometimes trick you body into thinking you're pregnant. I can say, when I was pregnant with my first baby I knew 2 weeks after I had sex because I was throwing up everything I ate. She may want to wait a couple more weeks to take a test or if it continues she should see her dr. Best of luck!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm a little more concerned you and your friend think the "pull out method" is a form of birth control.

Yeah....it doesn't matter if he pulls out or not.
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    doubtful. way too soon to know. but from experience. I have had morning sickness every day for 3 years lol
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm a little more concerned you and your friend think the "pull out method" is a form of birth control.

Just what I was thinking. If your friend has been taking her BCP at the same time each day it's unlikely she's pregnant (though not impossible). If, however, she hasn't been as diligent as she should have been because she and her boyfriend usually use condoms, then I would definitely worry. Go get a pregnancy test regardless, though it may be too early for that to be accurate, too. And read up on the "pull out method" (and no, the "pull out method" is NOT natural family planning).
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Just a tip the "pull out" method, yeah, that doesn't work, neither does standing up straight after & shaking around.
    I'd tell her to take one of those tests that can spot a pregnancy after two weeks, but tell her to take it in another week.
  • paigemarie93
    Options

Your jaw would drop if I told you all the absolutely ridiculous "pregnancy prevention methods" that some people use.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Tell her not to take a pregnancy test until after she misses her period. Anything taken now will not be an accurate reading. As for morning sickness right away? I really doubt it especially if she's on the pill and takes it correctly. She has a bug!
  • veganbaum
    Options

Your jaw would drop if I told you all the absolutely ridiculous "pregnancy prevention methods" that some people use.

WHY does this stuff still exist in countries where there is so much ready access to reliable, scientific information?!? If nothing else, there's always Planned Parenthood to get information from. I never thought these myths were true.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Definitely something that needs a doctor's consult. When I got pregnant, after only1 to 2 weeks, I was eating things like mint chocolate chip ice cream ( in one hand) and hot and spicy beef jerky (in the other hand) at the same time. I took a test and it was positive. I only got half of the "+" because it was so early, but that was enough. This was 3 weeks after my date of conception . People had been telling me I was pregnant for a couple weeks. I kept denying it, but my actions and emotions were all weird so other people noticed.
    My morning sickness kicked in at about 3 weeks pregnant...it actually would hit more in the afternoon, as morning sickness does not have to be in the morning, but I never threw up, I just felt really ill.
    Everything happened for me really early, but I wasn't using any birth control at the time. So getting pregnant was almost inevitable.
    Tell your friend to see a doc, that is really her only option right now...the pull out method is a joke and doesn't work, but the pill usually does if taken properly, but sometimes it doesn't.

She needs to see a doc, especially if this continues, whether she's pregnant or not.
  • yummymummyto2
    Options
    And for heaven's sake, people, please educate yourself about how your body, birth control, etc, works when you start having sex! *pet peeve*

^^ Just in case anyone missed it the first time.
    [/quote

and again^^^^^^^^^ how old is your friend to think th "pull out method" is a good form of contraceptive???
    seriously? come on now!! does she want to get pregnant coz she is goint the right way about it to be quiet honest.....
  • paigemarie93
    Options

WHY does this stuff still exist in countries where there is so much ready access to reliable, scientific information?!? If nothing else, there's always Planned Parenthood to get information from. I never thought these myths were true.

Most kids don't get the talk from their parents/are too shy to ask for contraception & listen to their virgin friends who brag about having had sex & using the pull out method or any other of those ridiculous things.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Most kids don't get the talk from their parents/are too shy to ask for contraception & listen to their virgin friends who brag about having had sex & using the pull out method or any other of those ridiculous things.

It's always been my own personal belief that until you completely understand how something works, you do not attempt it, sex included. I wish other people adopted this same belief.

You also have to keep in mind the numerous parents who foolishly believe "Well, if I teach my children about sex, that just means they're going to go our right away and do it, so I think I'll keep them in the dark and that will make them less likely to experiment", when in fact the opposite is true. Let's not forget the people who spread false information about birth control ("The pill aborts babies!")
  • paigemarie93
    Options

It's always been my own personal belief that until you completely understand how something works, you do not attempt it, sex included. I wish other people adopted this same belief.

You also have to keep in mind the numerous parents who foolishly believe "Well, if I teach my children about sex, that just means they're going to go our right away and do it, so I think I'll keep them in the dark and that will make them less likely to experiment", when in fact the opposite is true. Let's not forget the people who spread false information about birth control ("The pill aborts babies!")

Not everyone shares the same mentality, it's all down to peer pressure & lack of education.
    There's no sex ed in the UK, they think it's inappropriate, I educated myself & my mother gave me "the talk", unlike my friends.
    I know more than 10 girls either from my year at school or in my group of friends that have either been pregnant & had a miscarriage or an abortion, are pregnant or have a child/children.
    I'm 18 & a few girls got pregnant in the last year of school back when we were 16, I've know pregnant 13 year olds, & I've known girls who have no idea how to use protection & think the "pull out method"/all that is an adequate form of pregnancy prevention, I've known kids who had no idea how sex works & thought you had to do it in the belly button to get a baby.
    The list is endless, I just wish someone would educate children early enough to stop them getting themselves into a pickle.
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    Oh & also, being on the pill doesn't mean anything. I know many girls who were on the pill who fell pregnant. It happens to a lot more people than anyone would think. Not saying she is, but you wont know for certain until she takes a test :smile:

Exactly! I was on the pill when I got pregnant with my daughter and the shot when I got pregnant with my oldest son. BC doesn't work for everyone. And before someone starts the lecture on not taking it correctly, save your breath.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, no don't worry, I know the "pull out method" is pretty silly. I think at the time they just figured it couldn't hurt. I know I personally would never ever rely on that method alone for protection, and I doubt my friend would either. If she wasn't on BC I'm sure they would never have done this at all. It is scary how BC just doesn't work for some people, though.
  • veganbaum
    Options

Not everyone shares the same mentality, it's all down to peer pressure & lack of education.
    There's no sex ed in the UK, they think it's inappropriate, I educated myself & my mother gave me "the talk", unlike my friends.
    I know more than 10 girls either from my year at school or in my group of friends that have either been pregnant & had a miscarriage or an abortion, are pregnant or have a child/children.
    I'm 18 & a few girls got pregnant in the last year of school back when we were 16, I've know pregnant 13 year olds, & I've known girls who have no idea how to use protection & think the "pull out method"/all that is an adequate form of pregnancy prevention, I've known kids who had no idea how sex works & thought you had to do it in the belly button to get a baby.
    The list is endless, I just wish someone would educate children early enough to stop them getting themselves into a pickle.

I know the list is endless, my question was more rhetorical than anything. I am much older than you are and even when I was a teenager and there was less access to information than there is now, I knew these things, as did my friends. And I was never given the talk by my mom. I educated myself, and I mean educated, not listened to what other people said. I guess it depends on a lot of factors, and my group of friends seems to have been unusual in educating ourselves.
  • paigemarie93
    Options

I know the list is endless, my question was more rhetorical than anything. I am much older than you are and even when I was a teenager and there was less access to information than there is now, I knew these things, as did my friends. And I was never given the talk by my mom. I educated myself, and I mean educated, not listened to what other people said. I guess it depends on a lot of factors, and my group of friends seems to have been unusual in educating ourselves.

Yeah, not a great percentage of my generation seems to have the common sense to educate themselves & I mean that in the least offensive way. I also blame the school board & parents for banning sex ed, especially the parents for not educating their kids & supplying them with contraception (I know most parents don't want to think of their kids being sexually active, but it doesn't hurt to have the talk).