Weight Watchers Drop Out

Options
13»

Replies

• SGHNewStart
    Options
    Wow! Nice to hear I'm not the only person who hates the Points Plus program... I was doing ok on the Points program - had rejoined in late August and by the end of November I was 20 lbs lighter... shortly after that they launched the Points Plus pgm and I failed miserably with it - just couldn't get it - I kept trying the entire 1st year after they launched it and had zero success.
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Give yourselves a a break!
    As a former Leader in WW back n the early 90's, before Jean sold out to the Heinz company you could really lose and keep your weight off. But the newer programs aren't very sucessful in my opinion.Let's face it when the small conpany began the goal was to help overweight people get healthy. Now owned by a major corporation the goal is simply make cash!

You can follow the older exchange or flex programs and build them right into Mfp or simply count your calories which is what I'm doing and having great results.

I like the fact that it's not as cookie cutter as the WW program is, and the folks are so much more knowledgable here.

Good luck n your journey:)

I'm glad someone said this! I had great success in the 80/90ss with the old plan where you counted servings of fruits/proteins/milk, etc etc... very similar to a diabetic eating plan. When it switched to the "points" gimmick (and to me, it's a gimmick"), I didn't see the results that I did on the old plan. Yep, she sold out and I never went back.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My Grandmother lost 3 lbs in 3 months on Weight Watchers. I told her to start using the MFP app on her iPhone and she lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks.

I've never tried WW but I've ordered off the WW menu at Chili's. ;)
  • happyjoyousfree1
    Options
    You're welcome.
    The original exchange program was a well rounded diet. Unlike the points program which you can literally eat 10 bagel.lol That's a real problem for a lot of overeaters.
    When I got serious about my weight this year I went hunting on Amazon found some of the old recipe books, and just started logging them right here.The diary is just a new and much improved one. It's such a great tool and Il ove having it on my droid. The scanning ability is great too Now if it they can only come up with an app that cooks!

Add me as a friend if you'd like,
    Elle from Boston
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    ^ But cooking burns calories! :P lol

I think this app is the best thing ever. Just... EVER. My husband even started using it simply because he saw how it only took a few extra seconds to add stuff and saw how good my results are.
  • LalaMicha1
    Options
    I also was a lifetime member of WW. HATED the new program, after trying so many times with no success. So here I am.
  • happyjoyousfree1
    Options
    ^ But cooking burns calories! :P lol

I think this app is the best thing ever. Just... EVER. My husband even started using it simply because he saw how it only took a few extra seconds to add stuff and saw how good my results are.

alright I'll give you that one:)
  • ramseycen
    Options
    Just curious - someone just mentioned something called MyFoodLovers...Anyone ever heard of it? :tongue: