Question for guys/body language.

Options
1a1a
1a1a Posts: 761 Member
Context: You know a woman in a professional context (but fairly informal because we're talking music scene here, you put on events, she's the sound tech)

Body language in question: Hello and goodbye hugs (don't know this person outside of the working context) and occasionally placing of a hand on her hip whilst asking "everything going ok?"

So, throwing it out there, what, if anything, might it signify?

Replies

• theleftie
    Options
    It surely signifies attraction. A hello/goodbye hug is just friendly - but more touching beyond that (and esp. on your hip), well that just means... ahem.
  • 1a1a
    Options
    hehe, that's what I thought, but then I thought "I'm always reading into things too much".
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    its exactly what you think it is. :)
  • jsnearly
    Options
    You put your hand up on my hip, when I dip you dip we dip!
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Context: You know a woman in a professional context (but fairly informal because we're talking music scene here, you put on events, she's the sound tech)

Body language in question: Hello and goodbye hugs (don't know this person outside of the working context) and occasionally placing of a hand on her hip whilst asking "everything going ok?"

So, throwing it out there, what, if anything, might it signify?

couple clarifications
    You are the one who's putting your hand on her hip, right?
    So you're wondering what it might signify? Are you into this girl?
    Or are you worried you're sending the wrong message by putting your hand on her hip?
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    Hug wouldn't set off any alarms for me because I am kind of huggie myself. The hip thing? Maybe. That's a little close. Then again, some people are just touchy. Sometimes I will touch someone when I talk. However, I'm a bit clueless about this kind of thing in general. Plus, I'm not in the music scene, nor am I single. :smile:
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    Hug wouldn't set off any alarms for me because I am kind of huggie myself. The hip thing? Maybe. That's a little close. Then again, some people are just touchy. Sometimes I will touch someone when I talk. However, I'm a bit clueless about this kind of thing in general. Plus, I'm not in the music scene, nor am I single. :smile:
    Oh yeah, and I'm not a guy, so maybe I shouldn't even be in this forum! :laugh:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    You've been confirmed.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Guy touching you in any way other than a handshake or a hug:

1) he's into you
    or
    2) he's gay
  • 1a1a
    Options

couple clarifications
    Or are you worried you're sending the wrong message by putting your hand on her hip?

lol, to clarify, I'm the girl :-)

Too true, some people are just touchy, I wonder if they realise how that might be interpreted (I'm a hugger by nature but I realised after a bit that if I run around hugging new guy friends who don't normally get hugged, they tend to think it means more).
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options

couple clarifications

lol, to clarify, I'm the girl :-)

Too true, some people are just touchy, I wonder if they realise how that might be interpreted (I'm a hugger by nature but I realised after a bit that if I run around hugging new guy friends who don't normally get hugged, they tend to think it means more).

sorry, wasn't paying attention to ur pic and the phrasing just made me assume, my bad.

but I still wouldn't read too much into it. If the hug lingers for more than 5 seconds or his his hands linger for longer than the question then yeah he's probably finds you attractive.
    And if he is trying to pull you closer during mini-conversations then yeah he is definitely into you.

But the biggest way to know is if he tells you, duh, but it's never that easy right.
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options

ahhahaha, YESSSSS..
  • DanNoonan
    DanNoonan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Now to just e-mail him a link to this thread and you'll be all set.
    ::thumbs up::
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Now to just e-mail him a link to this thread and you'll be all set.
    ::thumbs up::

bahaha, it's all academic at this point, just pondering, you know how people do :-)
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options

ahhahaha, YESSSSS..

This is exactly what I thought.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options

Gold! I'm now singing that song!

To the OP, yes, he's definitely into you if he's touching your hip. It's right up there with girls touching a guy's forearm if she's into a guy.