I am just over my halfway point

Options
I could not be more pleased with myself and how I have turned my life around for the better. In general I feel like a healthier more motivated person who can actually play with there kids.
38 pounds since Jan. 09
The loss is starting to slow down but as long as I still see my measurements going down I know I am still doing something right.

I was also wondering if anyone has seen there arm and leg measurements slow down because of gaining muscle in that area. My arms are noticeably stronger. Isn't it less weight more reps to burn fat, more weight less reps builds muscle??? Just curious

Replies

• stimpy6298
    Options
    I could not be more pleased with myself and how I have turned my life around for the better. In general I feel like a healthier more motivated person who can actually play with there kids.
    38 pounds since Jan. 09
    The loss is starting to slow down but as long as I still see my measurements going down I know I am still doing something right.

I was also wondering if anyone has seen there arm and leg measurements slow down because of gaining muscle in that area. My arms are noticeably stronger. Isn't it less weight more reps to burn fat, more weight less reps builds muscle??? Just curious
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    way to go, you are doing so awesome, keep up the great work. :drinker:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • 3boyzmom
    3boyzmom Posts: 18
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: congrats on the half way mark!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Your success is inspiring! Keep going!:flowerforyou:
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    :happy: Good job Stimpy6298/Master List Member!! Keep going!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

Yes, in general it is less weight, more reps to tone and burn fat, more weight less reps to build muscle. That said - you will still tone and strengthen - which is a good thing!! You probably won't bulk up - women don't generally have the right hormones to bulk to too much. :flowerforyou:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    yeah for you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Can't wait to get to that place myself. Woot!
  • dturner1224
    Options
    WOW!!! That is so great!! Good job!! You inspire me!!
    192687.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!