Can I eat too little???

Options
Is it true that I cant lose weight by eating too little???
:grumble:

Replies

• blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Is it true that I cant lose weight by eating too little???
    :grumble:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you don't eat enough you won't be able to lose weight. Your body goes into starvation mode and keeps what it needs. There are a lot of posts on here about that if you search around.
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    You can. But it isn't healthy.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    yep however research starvation mode for yourself because many people assume it sets in easily..which isnt the case...good luck in your journey
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You would lose weight at first. But as soon as you started eating normally again you'd gain it all right back and probably more. You can seriously mess up your metabolism in the end, though, and make it seriously difficult to lose weight healthily in the future.

It's better for your health and well being to make a life style change that you can stick with-and eating too little isn't something anybody can ever stick with for the long term.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :cry: Absolutely correct! But to get further into this you need to eat your calorie alotment for the day plus eat some to most of your excercise calories as well to keep up your metabolism. I always thought this was crap but my watching Biggest Loser they stress to eat your excercise calories especially good carbs and protein or you will not lose the weight! So it must be true because they really lose the weight!:flowerforyou: