A cheat day?

Options
2»

Replies

• ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I find that a 'free day' I do like that, prefer to cheat is necessary...otherwise what is the point of all this, if you feel restricted you will inevitably resent this new way of living..

So have a wonderful free day... and I am guessing that your new found knowledge of calories, will make you think twice about quantities...

try lots of different tastes, you don't need to over do it, have a drink, or two, not bottle or two...
    have fun.
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I never have a whole day off, but most saturdays i'll have an evening meal like pizza or something. I'm still loosing weight at a good rate, i think as long as you know its just once a week at least and you carry on as normal for the rest of the week theres no harm in it :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I do not purposely plan on having them, but I also don't really beat myself up if I end up going on a feeding frenzy from time to time.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I give myself one or two cheat days a month. If I don't, I start craving junk all the time, and I believe be too restrictive in dieting is why so many people are unsuccessful. I don't go out and eat everything that is bad for me on a cheat day though. I might treat myself to a nice dinner and maybe some dessert after. It's really about teaching yourself moderation.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone! I feel better about possibly eating at a mongolian bbq. I usually load up my bowl with mostly noodles and veggies and just a little bit of meat. (I loooove water chestnuts and baby corn, omg yum!)

I'm sure if I just eat normally during the morning I may even average out to my normal calorie rate.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I was just looking up the calorie information for the resteraunt (Huhot) and I think I can easily stay in my calorie range.

My sodium intake is a whole other story.....lol.

I'm sure one day of too much sodium will be okay.
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    For me its just as excuse for people to eat crap when they know they shouldnt. Once a week is just not acceptable, seriously did people not eat enough crap in the first place to be here in the end trying to lose weight!

Learn new eating habits, new healthier ways and yes of course if theres an occasion coming up, your having a night out or going for a special meal then of course dont beat yourself up about it and have a good time but get straight back on it the next day.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Cheat days always hinder my weight loss, so I try to avoid them.
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    For me, some days kind of just end up being a "cheat day" I guess. Like if I go to a friends birthday celebration or something. Sure, I'll eat a little slice of cake and have an alcoholic beverage or three. But I try to plan for it by eating a lighter lunch or working out a little longer. I know myself, and if I had a cheat day I would probably over do it or not be as mindful the day or two after I had it, because it is easy for me to slip into old habits. That is just me though, others may not have that issue.

My opinion of this is if you are going to have a designated "cheat day", stick to it and be really good the rest of the week or month.