Hi, I'm new to this

Options
Hi, I'm new on this site. I saw this in a magazine and didn't know this was even available. Sooooo here goes. I used to be 340 lbs. then lost down to 189 lbs but have in the last year put back on more poundage to the tune of 240. I've started walking and trying to work myself up to 10,000 steps. I'm getting older and have always been overweight and am so tired of it. I've learned alot throughout my journey and my relationship with food and want to continue to push through till I reach my goal. This site appeared to be what I'm looking for. One thing I've learned is that God can use anything,anything at all to help accomplish the purpose He has for us. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• HeatherGTaylor
    HeatherGTaylor Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi margielprt,

You've come to the right spot! We can do this and keep it off!!!
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome :) all things are possible and we have alot of motivation here.. smiles and welcome look forward to your posts
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Let 'er rip Marg! Add me as a friend if you like! U r a God fearer huh? Well God helps those who helps themselves right? You have taken a great and valuable step! We will do what we can to b there for you!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This is a sweet sight with lots of valuable info and people that have been there and share what worked for them. Ive love 95 lbs on my own before this but have really been encouraged here and work out so much harder and better now! Best to ya!
  • sazzet
    sazzet Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good luck! margielprt
  • frankiedewitt1
    Options
    Hello, I'm very new to this site and would love to have some ppl to chat with on this journey. Im a stay at home gal with limited movement at this time due to a back isssue. Im really trying to loose wight and get healthy again. If there are any others out there that can be an encouraging voice for me I'd love to add you as a friend.I would also be a great encouraging voice for others...:smile:
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It is a great resource and I'd be happy to support you in your journey!
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I did the same thing almost the same numbers too!
  • Andufrene
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the site also and love to have people to chat with for some motivation. Feel free to add me,anyone! :smile:
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great you made the change. So far after a month, the community has been great. However I have noticed through friends and my girlfriend, the lingering amount of creepos, so beware.
  • margielprt
    Options
    You bet, I am God fearing, not in fear of Him just in awe and reverance of Him and all that He does. Thank you for the encouragement. One question, how do you add people? God bless you.
  • serene00
    serene00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been on this site over 1 week - it's the best I've found, has an amazing food database. I lost 37 lbs under the guidance of a nutritionist 2 years ago, while recovering from breast cancer treatment. And have gained 20 back. So, my goal is to lose 17 of the twenty to be at a healthy weight. I've also started working out at a gym, so my other goal is to be fit and in shape. I'd welcome new friends to help me on my journey.
  • margielprt
    Options
    Gosh, I'm overwhelmed by the response so quickly, thank you all and once I learn how to add people, for those who want me to add will sure enjoy the company to enjoy the journey with me and hear of yours. God bless you all!
  • scol14
    scol14 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome! I think that you will love this site. It offers great tools for logging your food and exercise, and the support of other MFP friends is invaluable. I will request you as a friend...we can support each other!
  • myfruits
    Options
    Hi I'm new on this also. I'm excited about gettingn help to lose weight and improve my health.
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me always looking for support and motivataion.