40 and older

Options

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and feeling great! I exercise as often as I can b/c it makes me feel so much better. I'm working on eating better. I stay within my calories, but I tend to go for what's convenient, which isn't always best.

I was confused with the Wii at first too but it is easy to use. My dd and I play Just Dance and it can be quite a workbest.

Feel free to add me.
  • Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    There are some Wii Biggest Loser exercise discs. They give a great workout. All the best. BTW I'm 47 (almost 48), but I'm not too hung up on my age.
  • coachkathrynw
    coachkathrynw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree, 40 is when it hits. My husband and I both experienced it and had to get more serious about exercise and nutrition. I can honestly say now at 45 years old, I am in the best shape of my life. I have really worked hard and I love it! The exercise makes me feel great, would never want to have to give it up. The food is my daily challenge, but I do pretty good to keep my weight down.
  • pmanco2009
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 40 last year too. I had become quite complacent, and let my weight creep up. Hoping the MFP and all you lovely ladies (and men!) will help motivate me to lose the 14 lbs I have stacked on my 5'3" frame. Good Luck to all of us on our weight loss journey.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    46 here....47 in a little over a week!! Sending a request..:))
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    43...turning 44 later this year. Really, 40 is no big deal....just a number!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Well i guess i'm the oldest one to post. I am 55 and i feel great. I lost 50 lbs in the last few months. Just joined here 2 weeks ago. I love this site. You can add me if you want.
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    Hello,
    I will be 42 (ughhhhhh :blushing: ) next month and also find it much harder now to get the weight off and KEEP it off!! Always looking for motivational peeps for some encouragment and also to help motivate otherst!! Please feel free to friend me also!! :flowerforyou:
  • blacknezz
    blacknezz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 41 and I weigh more now than when I was 8 months pregnant with my now 16 yr old twins. I woke up and realized no matter what other people said I was Fat. I hear at least you are solid, or you dont look that heavy or you carry your weight well . I answer THANK GOD for clothes. I am not solid nor do I carry my weight well. I take HBP meds everyday and it is weight related. I have tried a lot of pills, shakes, meal plans and nothing kept the weight off. Now I have joined a gym with a buddy and I workout 5 to 6 days a week. I see inches lost but not a lot of pounds. Sometimes I get discouraged but with help I stay on track. Hopefully the friends I make on this site will add to the motivation. So here's to being FIT and FABULOUS @ 40+
  • debra819
    Options
    Thanks Jimmy....I hope that getting the weight off eliminates the need for meds. I had 5 of the 8 risk factors for heart issues, but 2 are controllable (weight and exercise), and the other 3 are family history which they probably could have controlled with diet and exercise lol. I am feeling so much better having made some dramatic eating changes in the last few days and the initial surge of the bp meds in my system. lol. :happy:
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Newly 47 here.. wow... and like you, weighing in at my top weight ever, including pregnancy! I am a Mom to 5 kiddos and am basically a crazy lady, but I will take any new friends I can get, so feel free to add me!

So, word of advice...
    Hey, just be careful... 7 years ago, I was like you.. I was 40 and decided it was now or never! I started training for a marathon and got my weight down, my endurance up and WHAM>>>> I ended up PREGNANT!! lol... I didn't finish the marathon, but did manage to get in 1/2....
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and enjoying life. Best shape I been in years
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Wow...there is so much in your post that I can relate too!!! I don't not buy into the statement that we start to fall apart after 40. That's BS! I'm not active and fit then i was in my 20's! Heavier, too. More muscle :-)

Friend me if you'd like! Can't ever have too much support! Btw, I'l be 43 in July :-)
  • ineedthis4me
    Options
    Soon to be 42 here and enjoying MFP and all the information I get from it. I am back to my pre-baby weight (before all 4 of them) and now I am strength training and dropping inches. 30 days into P90X and loving it. It took me a long time to realize how much my metabolism had changed but now I am doing everything I can to speed it up!
  • WMAjewels
    Options
    I am now 41 but turning 40 was fantastic!!! I had the biggest birthday ever ( 50 plus people) and actually got screeched in as a Newfoundlander. It definately was the beginning of the rest of my life and I firmly believe it is all up hill from here. I feel the best I have ever felt in my life!!
  • marybobaly
    Options
    Welcome to the 40 club! Sounds like your on the right track and you figured out, hey common sense is what works. Keep up the good work.
  • tjpipes
    Options
    42 and ready to get into the best shape of my life!!!!
  • vadiane1
    Options
    Hello,
    I am 46 and on the same journey. And yes, it IS harder once you pass 40 but that's where the life lessons kick in and determination wins! If you need a friend let me know!
    Di
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Almost 41 here. And never felt healthier. You can do this :)
  • cinfinrn
    cinfinrn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im 41 and feel better than I did in my 20s...however, it IS much harder to lose weight. I try not to get hung up on the numbers though...age or on the scale. :happy: