Drinking water

Options
13»

Replies

• mips2010
    Options
    I had the worst habit of anyone I have ever heard. I drank I tiny bit of water when taking medicine every morning and that is all. But the worst part is all I drank otherwise was coffee and wine. Coffee every morning and wine once or twice a week. I did this for years and years.
    I added a little more water during my training for 3 marathons and 2 1/2 marathons but only during the actual run.
    I don't know that I feel so much better now that I have made an effort to drink at least 8 glasses a day but I'm pretty sure my body is less stressed in some way.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    MY question is not about water (which is the best thing for our bodies since many of the chemical processes which make us function require water to operate, and obviously from the beginning of time it is the only truly 'natural' beverage), but about people who actually have the time to start and maintain and 'debate' (in this case pointlessly argue) about such an essential part of the human diet as the OP has here. :bigsmile: :laugh: :drinker: (p.s. that's water in those two glasses on the smiley!!!)

13-15 glasses a day right here. Thin, fit, healthy and happy.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    MY question is not about water (which is the best thing for our bodies since many of the chemical processes which make us function require water to operate, and obviously from the beginning of time it is the only truly 'natural' beverage), but about people who actually have the time to start and maintain and 'debate' (in this case pointlessly argue) about such an essential part of the human diet as the OP has here. :bigsmile: :laugh: :drinker: (p.s. that's water in those two glasses on the smiley!!!)

Yeah, it's really weird of me to want to get to the bottom of one of the most prevalent weight loss myths.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's really weird of me to want to get to the bottom of one of the most prevalent weight loss myths.

ha...you knew exactly what was going to happen with this topic....get to the bottom of this on MFP? HA HA good one!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    MY question

I don't see a question in your remarks.

(in this case pointlessly argue)

And your contribution to the thread was something more than pointless?
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    My question was implied, and to those who couldn't figure it out, I was asking why someone would doubt the efficacy of such an essential part of life?

My 'contribution' was simply an observation. Not an invitation for further 'debate'.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    My question was implied, and to those who couldn't figure it out, I was asking why someone would doubt the efficacy of such an essential part of life?

Then you have also missed the point which OP was making, but thanks for playing. :)
  • rrrbecca11
    Options

Then you have also missed the point which OP was making, but thanks for playing. :)

Yep, I guessed I missed that point. :) I'll try to recover and still have a great day.
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If argument is a necessity of life for some people , couldn't you at least find new topics each time ?
  • ladyplaz
    ladyplaz Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am jumping in on this thread. I used to work in a plasma center. A place where people sell the watery part of their blood and the red blood cells a put back into the body. The circulatory system needs water. It can use coffee and so forth, but it likes water. Not so much that water toxicity occurs, but enough to allow the red blood cells to transport oxygen properly. Water also allows our body to cool down when working out. For those of use who live in the desert, we need a bit more to keep our bodies cool. Ladies and gentleman, I am not putting down drinking juice, coffee, and tea, that is your choice. But, as with all things, moderation.