sleep and weight loss

Options
I've read a lot of research linking poor sleeping habits to weight problems. I've tried everything, short of drugs and warm milk (hate it unless it's loaded with chocolate), that I can think of to improve my sleep but I just can't seem to do it. I average about 6 hours a night, if I'm lucky. I don't have any trouble falling asleep but I wake after about 6 hours and that's it, I'm up.

Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions?

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've read a lot of research linking poor sleeping habits to weight problems. I've tried everything, short of drugs and warm milk (hate it unless it's loaded with chocolate), that I can think of to improve my sleep but I just can't seem to do it. I average about 6 hours a night, if I'm lucky. I don't have any trouble falling asleep but I wake after about 6 hours and that's it, I'm up.

Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Are you tired during the day? Six hours might be all you need. We're all different, and the whole "eight hours a night" thing is not one-size fits all. I for example, am useless on less than nine hours.

If you're going to sleep easily and sleeping through the night, you may not have a "problem".:flowerforyou:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I have this problem too...I sleep about hrs and that is not 6 hours in a row....sad but true... I take melatonin when I need too....but would much rather just sleep on my own!

Let me know if you find any other answers.

dd
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Try a warm (not hot) cup of Sleepytime tea from Celestial Seasonings and a nice boring text book.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Are you tired during the day? Six hours might be all you need. We're all different, and the whole "eight hours a night" thing is not one-size fits all. I for example, am useless on less than nine hours.

If you're going to sleep easily and sleeping through the night, you may not have a "problem".:flowerforyou:

I'm not tired and seem to have plenty of energy. My mother and sister have similar sleeping patterns. I've never thought it was a problem until I started reading that lack of sleep can be a factor in weight problems. You're probably right, I don't really need to worry.

Thanks everyone.