New, and looking to lose BIG.

Options
Hey. :) I'm new, and looking for all the support I can get. :) In return, I promise I'll offer up the same support right back.

A little about me:
I'm 18, and still in high school with a 4.5 GPA. I'm attending the local cal state next year with a double major, so my life is hectic. I'm (well, obviously) from California, but not from anywhere pretty. Just a tiny little town. :) I'm stressed out a lot, which I think contributes a bit to my weight gain.

My weight history?
I have a decent metabolism. Normally, as soon as I try to start losing weight I see results. I'm a compulsive eater, though, and I'm always wiped out after school, so exercising just never seems to fit into the schedule.
My freshman and sophomore year of high school, I went from 200 pounds to 140 pounds. I did it the unhealthy way: I ate less than 500 calories a day and worked out for up to 4 hours. After I lost all that weight, I loved myself. In fact, I loved myself so much that I got a boyfriend to love too. He loved me so much, I got comfortable and gained back more than I lost.

I'm starting today at 230 pounds. I need to lose weight because I want to be healthy when I start a family with my now-fiancee (yes, the one who I blame for my weight gain. :D ) and I don't want to feel uncomfortable at the university I'm going to. I MAY work out more once I'm at college, because they have a gym, but I'm really kind of uncomfortable working out in front of/with people. My goal weight is 125 pounds, because if I aim there, I'll likely stop at around 130/135. I'm "big-boned" (and no, that's not an excuse). My face starts looking too thin if I lose much more than that. (Oh, and don't freak out...I'm short enough that that's right about in the middle of my healthy BMI range)

Thanks for reading! :)

Replies

• amberjay0
    amberjay0 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    School is so stressful right it changes up my eating habits so much :x
    I am a college sophmore/junior ahh stress is evil lol

You can add me if u like
    I try to be the best motivator i can be as well as an awesome friend
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    welcome girl!! i am only 5'1 and 158lbs. i started gaining weight when i move to U,S from Philippines 3 years ago. i am aiming to lose atleast 30 lbs.. you can add me if you like. ;))